14 yr old Pilot fr/Rainsville

Old June 17th 05, 05:08 AM
Belle

Default 14 yr old Pilot fr/Rainsville

Hi all!
Does anybody out there know the 14 yr old boy or his parents from
Rainsville Ala who managed to get a small plane up into the air last
night? I would really like to interview him or his parents. Please
help if you can.
Thanks for everything.
Linda

Old June 17th 05, 05:25 AM
Larry Dighera

On 16 Jun 2005 21:08:38 -0700, "Belle" wrote in
.com::

Hi all!
Does anybody out there know the 14 yr old boy or his parents from
Rainsville Ala who managed to get a small plane up into the air last
night? I would really like to interview him or his parents. Please
help if you can.
Thanks for everything.
Linda

I don't see any mention of the incident he
http://www.faa.gov/avr/aai/iirform.htm

Have you got any more information like the aircraft registration
number?

Old June 17th 05, 05:32 AM
Belle

Larry,
The plane was out of Ft Payne Alabama local airport, a Cessna #N5527M
is most likely the reigistration number. Not on the plane which is
strange, but on the key tag to the plane. I would appreciate any help
you might be able to give me.
Thanks,
Linda

Old June 17th 05, 05:37 AM
Belle

Here is the incident report from FAA --
** Report created 6/16/2005 Record 4
**

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 5527M Make/Model: C152 Description: 152, A152,
Aerobat
Date: 06/16/2005 Time:

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N
Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

LOCATION
City: FORT PAYNE State: AL Country: US

DESCRIPTION
ACFT ON ATTEMPTED TAKEOFF, CRASHED, FORT PAYNE, AL

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0
Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0
Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0
Unk:

WEATHER: 160400Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR 18/17 A2989

OTHER DATA

Departed: Dep Date: Dep. Time:
Destination: Flt Plan: Wx
Briefing:
Last Radio Cont:
Last Clearance:

FAA FSDO: BIRMINGHAM, AL (SO09) Entry date:
06/16/2005

Old June 17th 05, 06:33 AM
Larry Dighera

On 16 Jun 2005 21:32:14 -0700, "Belle" wrote in
.com::

Larry,
The plane was out of Ft Payne Alabama local airport, a Cessna #N5527M
is most likely the reigistration number. Not on the plane which is
strange, but on the key tag to the plane. I would appreciate any help
you might be able to give me.
Thanks,
Linda

There's information about the airport he
http://www.airnav.com/airport/4A9

Here's a phone number for the apparent aircraft owner:
Valley Aviation 256-845-9129

The aircraft registration data is available he
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi?p...&nnumber=5527m
N-number : N5527M
Aircraft Serial Number : 15284603
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 152
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : 0-235 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1980
Owner Name : VALLEY AVIATION INC
Owner Address : 2200 TERMINAL DR
FORT PAYNE, AL, 35967
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 10-Feb-1994
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Utility

If you are a journalist, please have your story read by a competent
pilot before submitting it for publication. We in the pilot community
find that most aviation related news stories contain a
disproportionate number of inaccuracies.

Old June 17th 05, 04:33 PM
Ross Richardson

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8249917/

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Old June 17th 05, 05:28 PM
Belle

Larry,
Many thanks. Spoke to him last night. A lovely man who was very
concerned for the boy. But I would like to speak with the boy and his
family. Will keep trying. Thanks!
Linda

Old June 18th 05, 02:29 AM
Larry Dighera

On 17 Jun 2005 09:28:20 -0700, "Belle" wrote in
.com::

Larry,
Many thanks. Spoke to him last night. A lovely man who was very
concerned for the boy. But I would like to speak with the boy and his
family. Will keep trying. Thanks!
Linda

You're welcome.

From your comment, I infer you were unable to learn the boy's name;
how about the licence plate number on his mother's van?

Old June 18th 05, 04:27 AM
Belle

Larry,
No pix or reports of that. Still trying.
Linda

Old June 18th 05, 05:54 AM
Casey Wilson

"Belle" wrote in message
oups.com...
Larry,
No pix or reports of that. Still trying.
Linda

Hmmmm, try hoofing it into the police station and request to see the logs.
Yes, he's a juvie but in most states the logs are open to public scrutiny.
You already know your rag's policy of publishing names, right?