Glasair instructor wanted.

Old April 2nd 04, 12:24 AM
Thomas

Default Glasair instructor wanted.

Hi,

I am looking for instructor that has experience in Glasair I RG type
planes...... I had 10 hours of instruction in my Glasair I RG but I
am still having trouble flaring the plane properly over the runway
where I would chop the power just a foot above which cause it to sink
and jolt the plane. I would like to learn the finer point of landing
a Glasair and its skiddish tendency to be all over the runway (or its
just me) during take off... I am located in So Cal. (more
specifically in Orange Co. CA) if you know of any instructors or is
one please e-mail

Thanks
Old April 2nd 04, 01:46 AM
Ed Wischmeyer

I am looking for instructor that has experience in Glasair I RG type
planes...... I had 10 hours of instruction in my Glasair I RG but I
am still having trouble flaring the plane properly over the runway
where I would chop the power just a foot above which cause it to sink
and jolt the plane. I would like to learn the finer point of landing
a Glasair and its skiddish tendency to be all over the runway (or its
just me) during take off... I am located in So Cal. (more
specifically in Orange Co. CA) if you know of any instructors or is
one please e-mail

Contact the EAA and ask about the Flight Advisor program. Many of the
Flight Advisors are CFIs, and could help you (outside of the FA program,
that is).

Ed WIschmeyer
EAA Flight Advisor / CFI
Old April 2nd 04, 09:14 AM
Roger Halstead

On 1 Apr 2004 15:24:28 -0800, (Thomas) wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for instructor that has experience in Glasair I RG type
planes...... I had 10 hours of instruction in my Glasair I RG but I
am still having trouble flaring the plane properly over the runway
where I would chop the power just a foot above which cause it to sink
and jolt the plane. I would like to learn the finer point of landing
a Glasair and its skiddish tendency to be all over the runway (or its
just me) during take off... I am located in So Cal. (more
specifically in Orange Co. CA) if you know of any instructors or is
one please e-mail

Join the Glasair Builders group
http://www.glasair.org/
As I recall, it's $25 a year.

Also check the NewGlasair page http://www.newglasair.com/
They might be able to point you to some one in your area, but you may
have to fly some distance to find an instructor familiar with the
G1-RG.

You can try the EAA and flight advisior, but I'd bet the insurrance
company will want that flight advisor to be throuroughly familiar with
the G-I. I sure would.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Thanks