Flightline 760 Radio

Old June 14th 18, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Default Flightline 760 Radio

On Monday, October 5, 2009 at 9:59:31 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
Is anyone out there using these radios? Thanks to limited archive
searchability all I was able to find was a post a while back from Tim
Mara saying that he had sold about 50 of them. I'm curious what the
real world power drain is on them from a 12V sealed lead acid battery.
Spec is a bit high at 300 mA for standby. But they sure are
cheap...any reports?

Tony Condon

Hey Tony,
Our club put one in a 2-33 and another in a 1-26 several years ago, they work well, we switch out sla 7AH single batteries every other day or so. Keeping the unused battery on trickle charge.
IMHO good value and much better than a hand held.
Transmission quality goes into the toilet when the battery gets low.

With the relative glut of Euro radios available, do you want new?
I've bought a couple of Dittle fsg-2t from "Ross" and couldn't be happier with them. But make sure any dittles have the mods done!
Good LIft,
Scott
Old June 14th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

On Monday, October 5, 2009 at 9:59:31 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
Is anyone out there using these radios? Thanks to limited archive
searchability all I was able to find was a post a while back from Tim
Mara saying that he had sold about 50 of them. I'm curious what the
real world power drain is on them from a 12V sealed lead acid battery.
Spec is a bit high at 300 mA for standby. But they sure are
cheap...any reports?

Tony Condon

Well Now, Wasn't that an old thread!!
Sorry.
Old June 14th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

No need to put quotation marks around Ross' name... He is really Ross!
We've shipped a few things back and forth.
Jim

Flightline FL-760 radio T8 Soaring 5 July 1st 09 09:23 AM
FLIGHTLINE VHF RADIO ON EBAY user[_2_] Home Built 2 October 14th 08 09:59 PM
FLIGHTLINE VHF RADIO ON EBAY user[_2_] Soaring 2 October 14th 08 09:59 PM
R/C Flying, pt 3 - Flightline.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 July 4th 08 12:10 PM
Old Ones are the Best Ones, pt 2 - Flightline.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 June 12th 07 12:41 AM