May 1-26 & Sports Fun Meet

Old January 31st 14, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Charlie

Default May 1-26 & Sports Fun Meet

Wurtsboro Airport will again be hosting a 1-26 Spring Fun Meet: May 3 & 4:

- Open to any and all pilots flying a 1-26, regardless of experience.
- There will also be a Sports-Class task available to any pilot who wants to participate in a non 1-26 glider.
- CD will create TAT and MAT tasks: suitable for all different skill levels and as challenging as you make it for yourself.
- Free Contest Entry - pay only for the tows you take.
- Free Bathroom and Shower access on the airport.
- Free Camping at the Airport and El Overdee.
- Dinner Saturday night at 6:00 open to everyone - please RSVP by Saturday morning. (location TBD, probably El Overdee Cabins)
- Contest Manager & Scorer: Warren Cramer
- Free wireless internet at Airport Office and El Overdee
- Closest Hotel is Days Inn Wurtsboro.
- Contact Warren at the Airport with any questions: 845-888-2791

The event is listed on the SSA website he
http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2276

And on Facebook he
https://www.facebook.com/events/1487710208122212/

Hope to see you there!
Old January 31st 14, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, January 31, 2014 10:14:53 AM UTC-5, Whiskey Charlie wrote:
[...]

I'll be there in Aero Club Albatross' 1-26, Sweet Red.

Come on out folks! May is an excellent time for flying in Wurtsboro. If we get a cold frontal passage, we'll be able to at least fly the Wurtsboro ridge. If we get ridge weather, the task will also allow the option to fly SW to the Blairstown ridge system, or beyond. If there isn't enough wind for ridge, Wurtsboro is like ol' faithful when it comes to thermals. That valley is magical and on a good day, it may be possible to get to 10k! Bring what you have and we will all have a great time and likely some good flying to boot as well.

Regards,
Daniel
Old January 31st 14, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

That valley is magical and on a good day, it may be possible to get to 10k! Bring what you have and we will all have a great time and likely some good flying to boot as well.
Regards,

Daniel

Having flown that ridge for 35 years in hang gliders I can heartily agree with Daniel's assessment. If the weather looks good I'll be there too.