The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Old October 28th 12, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:24:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I Flew all 2012 with a V7 and never got the settings to my liking so I'm looking at possible other problems. The Temperature Offset reverts to 28.7F regardless of how many times I change it. I haven't yet updated the s/w due to PC issues. Any thoughts on the Temp Offset? ~Bruce

Bruce,

Update to the current Firmware 2.02, The temp thing at was a bug in the first firmware.

If you can't update send it to me Priority Mail at Craggy Aero and I will update the firmware for you.

Thanks,

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old October 29th 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Richard, I hoped that it might be the firmware! Do you think a temperature offset of 28F would cause 'bad behavior'? 28 seems like a large number.
~Bruce
Old October 29th 12, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:23:50 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Thanks Richard, I hoped that it might be the firmware! Do you think a temperature offset of 28F would cause 'bad behavior'? 28 seems like a large number. ~Bruce

Bruce,

I think that you have a very early firmware one of the first. Changes were made almost immediately by LXNAV if bugs were found. I remember that bug on the first batch I got from LXNAV in Nov 2011. I set the first V7s up on a bench with a variety of GPS and Displays and went thru all the menus and tested. I believe the bug was in the unit conversion with the temperature.. I make a practice of updating the firmware on all that I sell.

The update procedure and files are published on the LXNAV. Make sure you follow the procedure especially the 115200 Baud rate. If you need help call and we can set a time when you are at the instrument and I will talk you thru the procedure.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old October 30th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

If this is the official V7 thread, then this would be a good place to let it be known that I have an official V7 vario available for sale at just $1200.

It is complete in the original box with both an Oudie cable and an IPAQ type cable as well as all the standard cables and accessories that come with the unit. The unit was purchased from Cumulus Soaring in March of this year.. The provided speaker and several cables were never connected. The unit saw only a short period of in panel usage before the ClearNav vario came out and replaced it for best compatibility with my ClearNav unit. It is in perfect condition.

I suspect that this V7 unit may need a software update if you want to run the latest and greatest V7 software -- the latest software can be downloaded from the website and updated in the field. The latest manual can also be downloaded.

Please contact me offline.
Old October 31st 12, 05:55 PM
dbrunone dbrunone is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Koerner View Post
[...]

Steve I may be interested...how do I contact you?
Old November 1st 12, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:39:06 PM UTC, Steve Koerner wrote:
[...]

Did you not value all the extra info the V7 can display compared to the Clearnav vario (eg speed director at the same time as vario, graphic whole thermal average, and much other stuff)? What advantages does the CN vario give you?
Old November 2nd 12, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Waremark:

It's now sold. I'll trust that it's new owner will value that "other stuff" more than I did. Actually though, the ClearNav vario offers quit a bit of useful other stuff too.
Old November 3rd 12, 06:24 AM
dbrunone dbrunone is offline
Member

Does anyone have an in-flight video of the V7 in action?
Old November 26th 12, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_13_]

I'm flying with a V7/Nano/Oudie combination, I was wondering if anyone else
had problems with this setup making Igc files when the set up is turned on
and then off with out moving the plane.
Dan

Old November 26th 12, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Did Nano create an IGC file or did Oudie create one? please send such file to support at naviter dot com - it must be an easy settings fix. Or even just a matter of a firmware upgrade on any or all devices.

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

On Monday, November 26, 2012 3:10:58 AM UTC+1, Dan wrote:
I'm flying with a V7/Nano/Oudie combination, I was wondering if anyone else

had problems with this setup making Igc files when the set up is turned on

and then off with out moving the plane.

Dan

LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
New LXNAV LX9000 Overview Video Paul Remde Soaring 0 April 21st 12 01:33 AM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 01:31 AM
LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available Paul Remde Soaring 3 February 28th 11 02:58 PM
HELP! Need offical Blanik L-13 Canopy Strap John Scott Soaring 4 March 3rd 08 06:03 AM