Pegase question

Old July 7th 20, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pegase question

My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now.

We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the attachment points glassed into the fuselage. The parts manual I have makes it clear these are some sort of Dzus fasteners but not a clue as to what size / length, or indeed what exact type if there is more than one! (I have no idea about the later question).

Can anyone help, please?
Old July 7th 20, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:37:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now.

We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the attachment points glassed into the fuselage. The parts manual I have makes it clear these are some sort of Dzus fasteners but not a clue as to what size / length, or indeed what exact type if there is more than one! (I have no idea about the later question).

Can anyone help, please?

There are a whole bunch of different Dzus fasteners out there. They are popular with the racecar crowd. Take a look he
https://www.google.com/search?q=Dzus...ome &ie=UTF-8
Best to find another Pegase and make a copy.
Good luck!

Uli
'AS'
Old July 7th 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Google MCMaster Carr, then type in Dzus...........they have several to choose from. You need to know the thickness of the cover and bulkhead in your ship. Not cheep because they’re selling them complete with faster and clip!
Hope this helps,
JJ
Old July 9th 20, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Quietpilot

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 9:37:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now.

We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the attachment points glassed into the fuselage. The parts manual I have makes it clear these are some sort of Dzus fasteners but not a clue as to what size / length, or indeed what exact type if there is more than one! (I have no idea about the later question).

Can anyone help, please?

Above the spar or behind? my Pegasus has a removable tray that fits over and had the radio speaker in it. I can take as many pictures as you like.
Old July 12th 20, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobWa43

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:37:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now.

We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the attachment points glassed into the fuselage. The parts manual I have makes it clear these are some sort of Dzus fasteners but not a clue as to what size / length, or indeed what exact type if there is more than one! (I have no idea about the later question).

Can anyone help, please?

I have ordered Dzus fasteners for my Pegase from Aircraft Spruce. I have pasted a copy of the order I placed. The fitting specified in this order fit the access door and the speaker panel. Hope this helps.
3 3 0 AJ5-40 DZUS FASTENERS AJ5-40 1.480 4.44
3 3 0 SR5SS SR5SS DZUS SNAP RING 0.200 0.60
1 1 0 04-00958 Z-LOCK FSTNR DRVR MS-DRIVER 18.950 18.95
Subtotal: USD 23.99

Please use our website to check status or request changes.

Need assistance? Try our new Live Chat Feature available during regular business hours. Just click on the upper-right hand tab on our website to speak with one of our helpful Aircraft Spruce agents.

Old June 7th 21, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Edi Perfecto

Dňa nedeľa 12. júla 2020 oÂ*1:04:45 UTC+2 použÃ*vateľ napÃ*sal:
[...]

Bob, is this AJ5-40 size good for control connection hole cover on fuselage top? I lost this cover so I might have to make new part, would be perfect if I could find same Dzus screw to fit.

101 Pegase A Nick Kennedy[_3_] Soaring 5 March 18th 19 01:40 PM
Centrair Pegase in the US Hans Bodde Soaring 6 August 8th 18 09:28 AM
Spinning a Pegase Dan S Soaring 14 April 10th 18 05:31 PM
Right pegase aileron Ollie Sleigh Soaring 0 August 10th 16 08:49 PM
pegase 101d Eddy Van Roon Soaring 0 May 13th 05 08:07 PM