A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Pegase question

Old July 7th 20, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Pegase question

My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now.

We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the attachment points glassed into the fuselage. The parts manual I have makes it clear these are some sort of Dzus fasteners but not a clue as to what size / length, or indeed what exact type if there is more than one! (I have no idea about the later question).

Can anyone help, please?
Old July 7th 20, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

Default Pegase question

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 10:37:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now.

We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the attachment points glassed into the fuselage. The parts manual I have makes it clear these are some sort of Dzus fasteners but not a clue as to what size / length, or indeed what exact type if there is more than one! (I have no idea about the later question).

Can anyone help, please?

There are a whole bunch of different Dzus fasteners out there. They are popular with the racecar crowd. Take a look he
https://www.google.com/search?q=Dzus...ome &ie=UTF-8
Best to find another Pegase and make a copy.
Good luck!

Uli
'AS'
Old July 7th 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Pegase question

Google MCMaster Carr, then type in Dzus...........they have several to choose from. You need to know the thickness of the cover and bulkhead in your ship. Not cheep because they’re selling them complete with faster and clip!
Hope this helps,
JJ
Old July 9th 20, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Quietpilot
external usenet poster

Default Pegase question

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 9:37:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Can anyone help, please?

Above the spar or behind? my Pegasus has a removable tray that fits over and had the radio speaker in it. I can take as many pictures as you like.
Old July 12th 20, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobWa43
external usenet poster

Default Pegase question

Can anyone help, please?

I have ordered Dzus fasteners for my Pegase from Aircraft Spruce. I have pasted a copy of the order I placed. The fitting specified in this order fit the access door and the speaker panel. Hope this helps.
3 3 0 AJ5-40 DZUS FASTENERS AJ5-40 1.480 4.44
3 3 0 SR5SS SR5SS DZUS SNAP RING 0.200 0.60
1 1 0 04-00958 Z-LOCK FSTNR DRVR MS-DRIVER 18.950 18.95
Subtotal: USD 23.99

Please use our website to check status or request changes.

Need assistance? Try our new Live Chat Feature available during regular business hours. Just click on the upper-right hand tab on our website to speak with one of our helpful Aircraft Spruce agents.

Old June 7th 21, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Edi Perfecto
external usenet poster

Default Pegase question

Dňa nedeľa 12. júla 2020 oÂ*1:04:45 UTC+2 použÃ*vateľ napÃ*sal:

Can anyone help, please?

I have ordered Dzus fasteners for my Pegase from Aircraft Spruce. I have pasted a copy of the order I placed. The fitting specified in this order fit the access door and the speaker panel. Hope this helps.
3 3 0 AJ5-40 DZUS FASTENERS AJ5-40 1.480 4.44
3 3 0 SR5SS SR5SS DZUS SNAP RING 0.200 0.60
1 1 0 04-00958 Z-LOCK FSTNR DRVR MS-DRIVER 18.950 18.95
Subtotal: USD 23.99

Please use our website to check status or request changes.

Need assistance? Try our new Live Chat Feature available during regular business hours. Just click on the upper-right hand tab on our website to speak with one of our helpful Aircraft Spruce agents.

Bob, is this AJ5-40 size good for control connection hole cover on fuselage top? I lost this cover so I might have to make new part, would be perfect if I could find same Dzus screw to fit.