Ron did it!!

Old September 25th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Roger (K8RI)

Default Ron did it!!

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:35:12 -0700, Jack Allison
wrote:

And he's not posting about it? What's up with that? :-)

I wonder how much he had to bribe Margy to make it look like he wasn't
bragging? :-))

Very cool. The instrument rating is quite a challenge.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old September 25th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ron Natalie

Jose wrote:

It's my favorite altitude. However, there are a lot more towers to
dodge nowadays. Twenty years ago there were virtually no cell towers to
worry about.

Cell towers rarely top 200', most are much less.
Old September 25th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose[_1_]

Cell towers rarely top 200', most are much less.

200' is a significant part of what would have been a 500' clearance.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old September 26th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Margy Natalie wrote:

Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).

You fly first leg - then he flies the return trip under the hood for practice.

evil grin

That's actually a good idea. That way I can learn more of the
instrument stuff and he keeps current.

Margy
Old September 26th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Emily wrote:

Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).

You fly first leg - then he flies the return trip under the hood for
practice.

evil grin

Minus a DG and AI.....

ok, take away the GPS too. :-)

I bet George wouldn't like that (George is our autopilot).

Margy
Old September 26th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Michael Houghton wrote:
Howdy!

In article ,
Margy Natalie wrote:

As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess
all those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This
is great!

Well, it's about time!

It's been a few years since that cookout at your place where
you mentioned nagging him...

Congratulations Ron!

yours,
Michael

I keep meaning to have another cookout, but the summer just flew by ...,
Maybe a cook in!

Margy
Old September 26th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Default Ron did it!! [ DETAILS ]

Jay Honeck wrote:
On the missed from that approach he gives me vectors
to final on the ILS. This I fly fine down to near
the DH where he tells me to pull off the goggles,
continue to the DH but then climb back up and circle
to the other runway (since we're still got a hefty
tail wind). Land, taxi in. Checkride over.

Great story, Ron -- and great job! Congratulations!

Two questions:

1. How much?
2. How in the heck do you get that much time away from work?

How do you get all of OSH away from work? You MAKE the time. I'm glad
he did. So Jay, if RON can do it you must be next. Damned, I have to
find something new to pick on Ron for ;-)

Margy
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 26th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Noel

In article ,
Margy Natalie wrote:

ok, take away the GPS too. :-)

I bet George wouldn't like that (George is our autopilot).

It's hardly useful practice to fly under the hood with the a/p on. sheesh.

:-)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old September 26th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Margy Natalie wrote:

ok, take away the GPS too. :-)

I bet George wouldn't like that (George is our autopilot).

It's hardly useful practice to fly under the hood with the a/p on. sheesh.

:-)

I know, I wasn't thinking of both at the same time.

Margy
Old September 26th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck

How do you get all of OSH away from work? You MAKE the time.

True, but OSH isn't optional. Not after 24 years.

And our absence routinely pushes our small staff to the breaking point,
and occasionally beyond. (We lost our night manager this year, after
OSH '06. Being gone 8 days was apparently too much for him...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA