Jaguars Final Landings - Jaguars 01.jpg (0/1)

Old June 13th 07, 02:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

Default Jaguars Final Landings - Jaguars 01.jpg (0/1)

Tuesday afternoon saw another eight RAF Jaguars of 6 Sqd fly for the final
time into RAF Cosford in Shropshire. They will now be used as
instructional airframes by the Technical Training School there. The short
runway at Cosford saw some rather interesting landings as they all made
sure that they stopped in time but none needed to use their hook on the
temporary arrester cable that had been set up for them.

..
Old June 14th 07, 08:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
flybywire

with your pics being in reverse order I was scratching me bonce trying to
think where they were landing
thanks for the great pics what were you shooting with

cheers

Mike
. 163...

.

Old June 15th 07, 08:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"flybywire" wrote in message
with your pics being in reverse order I was scratching me bonce trying to
think where they were landing
thanks for the great pics what were you shooting with

Yes, Cosford's runway is not often featured anywhere with aircraft on it.
I'm not surprised that you failed to recognise it.
I was reasonably happy with these pics but forced to shoot into the sun they
are somewhat 'washed out' but that is a feature these days when all military
aircraft are grey against a grey sky. I am still using my 'almost' four
year old Canon 10D with a 100-400 lens. Later this year I hope to buy the
40D as soon as it is released in the UK and for those dark mountains I am
looking at the EF 300/f2.8 though I may need a mule to get it up there As a
tip - when you have downloaded these photos, right click on the file and
select properties, that often shows all picture and camera details.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Window-1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	13161
Old June 15th 07, 10:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morten Lund

RustYŠ wrote:
"flybywire" wrote in message
with your pics being in reverse order I was scratching me bonce trying to
think where they were landing
thanks for the great pics what were you shooting with

Yes, Cosford's runway is not often featured anywhere with aircraft on it.
I'm not surprised that you failed to recognise it.

Actually, I did :-) I was at the 2006 airshow (my significant other was
working in Walsall at the time) - I must have stood fairly close to
where you were shooting, because I recognize the hangars in the background.

Was the Arrows show good this year? the 2006 display was amazing
(Meanwhile the airshow at Ĺlborg in Denmark has Patruille de France and
tha amazing Frecce Tricolore, and a mindblowing Demo of the C-17
Globemaster)

Very nice pictures,
Thanks

..Morten
Old June 15th 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Morten Lund"
wrote in message . ..

Was the Arrows show good this year? the 2006 display was amazing

I was not at the Cosford show last Sunday - I prefer to take photos at RAF
Shawbury where the fast jets operate from for the show [and where I can get
into better locations]. These pics were taken from the railway station
platform at Cosford last Tuesday, which overlooks the threshold quite
nicely.
As you ask about the Reds they had some trouble again last weekend - see the
leaders comment here....

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/teamnews/...-1143-EC82-2E9
0899FB0172FAC

Old June 22nd 07, 01:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Jaguars Final Landings - Jaguars 01.jpg (0 Part File)

Don't forget Jags are alive and kicking in Oman and India
"I have a cunning plan"

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final

Bad landings Jim Jones Piloting 24 April 16th 07 02:40 AM
++NEW++3 DVD SET 'ON LANDINGS' +Much More Pilot Publications Products 0 June 26th 04 03:42 PM
++NEW++3 DVD SET 'ON LANDINGS' +Much More Pilot Publications Aviation Marketplace 0 June 26th 04 03:42 PM
Night landings vs. day landings Gerald Sylvester Piloting 15 February 12th 04 06:38 AM
F-23 - final, *final* status? José Herculano Military Aviation 0 July 1st 03 06:57 PM