Pegasus Life span in USA

Old October 16th 13, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pegasus Life span in USA

I am assuming your thinking about pegasus on wings and wheels
i am also struggling weighing whether to consider such plane.
I am glad you asked the question, good updated info.

Old October 16th 13, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Cook[_2_]

Well yes and no...

We are looking for a glider for Freedoms Wings Int'l...needs to be able to
be fitted with hand control rudder...we know that the Pegasus already has
been so fitted...

So the W&W glider is a possibility...or we will wait for another..

Plus the "funding" is still pending!

Cookie

Old October 17th 13, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Le mercredi 16 octobre 2013 04:43:40 UTC+2, Cookie a écrit*:
Well yes and no...

We are looking for a glider for Freedoms Wings Int'l...needs to be able to
be fitted with hand control rudder...we know that the Pegasus already has
been so fitted...

So the W&W glider is a possibility...or we will wait for another..

Plus the "funding" is still pending!

Cookie

The French soaring federation is in the process of having a new system of hand controls manufactured for the Pegasus; the original system made and certified by Centrair was no longer available. The new system was recently approved by the DGAC (French FAA), the EASA STC is expected shortly.

If somebody is interested in buying one, he/she can contact the F.F.V.V. at .

See the announcement here (in French):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0CIR13_345.pdf
Old October 21st 13, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow. That is some thorough research Bob had done. On the face of it, it seems the FAA made all sorts of glaring procedural errors when enacting this AD. Let's hope there exists sufficient grounds to have the whole AD rescinded. Unfortunately, the links that include the FAA responses and FOIA don't work for me. I'm always thinking about upgrading from my ASW 15 and the Peg is/was high on the list of what I can afford. Keep up the good work, Bob.

What's the deal with 20 year life span on chutes? Gary[_5_] Soaring 25 July 7th 11 09:28 PM
Pegasus Service Life? El Alumbrado Soaring 5 September 20th 07 10:39 PM
Pegasus life limit 01-- Zero One Soaring 3 April 4th 06 02:20 PM
Pegasus life limit Mark628CA Soaring 2 March 30th 06 10:37 PM
Windsock Life Span Corky Scott Home Built 9 September 1st 03 12:24 PM