A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

Old July 16th 17, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

New "bumper" product announcement:

The ramp sliders on my 2002 Cobra trailer were metal on metal, bolt threads gouged the extruded aluminum floor rails and there was metal on metal wear.. Some later trailers have plastic washers, but those don't last or work well either. I made plastic sliders for my trailer a decade ago. They worked well but the design was not suited for easy consumer installation and I back burnered the idea. That is, until one owner pestered me for 3 years! :c).

The SRS (smooth ramp slider) kit uses a machined one piece slider of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW PE). This material is almost as slippery as Teflon, and when it comes to abrasion resistance, is better than steel for many applications. One inch will stop a .45 ACP round (though I have yet to personally test this particular claim). Installation is easy, 20 minutes. The ramp moves as smooth as oil on glass.

The SRS kit is available now in limited quantities. I announced it last week on a glider model specific forum and had orders for 16 the first day - so I'm concerned with getting swamped (I have 20 kits available now and will make more). Price is $35 plus $4 shipping to USA, $12 shipping to other countries.

(insert my 6 letter "car part" name) @frontier.com for installation instructions, questions, and ordering info. Please include "SRS" in the title of your email.

I'll see if I can make this Google picture link work (the link is long, but when I copy and paste it into the search bar it works for me). If it doesn't work, you can ask for a picture if you email me.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/S8...3=w851-h638-no

bumper

MKIV "high tech" yaw string & Quiet Vent
zz
Minden

Old July 16th 17, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 2:38:36 AM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
New "bumper" product announcement:

The ramp sliders on my 2002 Cobra trailer were metal on metal, bolt threads gouged the extruded aluminum floor rails and there was metal on metal wear. Some later trailers have plastic washers, but those don't last or work well either. I made plastic sliders for my trailer a decade ago. They worked well but the design was not suited for easy consumer installation and I back burnered the idea. That is, until one owner pestered me for 3 years! :c).

The SRS (smooth ramp slider) kit uses a machined one piece slider of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW PE). This material is almost as slippery as Teflon, and when it comes to abrasion resistance, is better than steel for many applications. One inch will stop a .45 ACP round (though I have yet to personally test this particular claim). Installation is easy, 20 minutes. The ramp moves as smooth as oil on glass.

The SRS kit is available now in limited quantities. I announced it last week on a glider model specific forum and had orders for 16 the first day - so I'm concerned with getting swamped (I have 20 kits available now and will make more). Price is $35 plus $4 shipping to USA, $12 shipping to other countries.

(insert my 6 letter "car part" name) @frontier.com for installation instructions, questions, and ordering info. Please include "SRS" in the title of your email.

I'll see if I can make this Google picture link work (the link is long, but when I copy and paste it into the search bar it works for me). If it doesn't work, you can ask for a picture if you email me.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/S8...3=w851-h638-no

bumper

MKIV "high tech" yaw string & Quiet Vent
zz
Minden

Hi Bumper,

I am interested in one kit but your link does not work. It returns a big 'Entry verboten' sign.
Uli
'AS'
Old July 16th 17, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

No luck with the link. Try sticking the photo in Dropbox and copying the link to a RAS post.
Old July 16th 17, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Please try this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/beyd1sh78w...t%5E.docx?dl=0
Old July 17th 17, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 11:12:43 AM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
Please try this link:

Link works - PM sent!
'AS'
Old July 19th 17, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

Installed an SRS kit this evening.
Chocks-to-chocks on a parked trailer was 45 minutes.
It is a significant improvement over the 8-or-9-year-old scraper hardware.
Jim
Old July 19th 17, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Looks like I made a mistake on my "email" in an earlier post, I left out the letter m after bumper

(my name "car part") m @ frontier.com

I apologize for the mix up.

Drop box info at:

bumper
MKIV & QV
zz
Minden
Old July 19th 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

You left out the "j", as well. Besides, I can read your email directly
from your post. Maybe that's just a Thunderbird thing...

On 7/19/2017 9:19 AM, bumper wrote:
Looks like I made a mistake on my "email" in an earlier post, I left out the letter m after bumper

Drop box info at:

bumper
MKIV & QV
zz
Minden

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 19th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 8:48:11 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
You left out the "j", as well. Besides, I can read your email directly
from your post. Maybe that's just a Thunderbird thing...

On 7/19/2017 9:19 AM, bumper wrote:

Drop box info at:

bumper
MKIV & QV
zz
Minden

--
Dan, 5J

Dan,

Do I confuse easily, or what?! Actually, I'm using a couple of emails, the gmail one is bumperjm, while the frontier one is bumper m.

For anyone reading this who is trying to order a SRS kit, I've been somewhat overwhelmed by the response. I'm caught up with answering inquiries (so if you sent an email and didn't hear back, please try again) and heading to the post office to ship all orders to date.

thanks (I think :c) )

bumper
Old July 24th 17, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler
external usenet poster

I installed a set on one of my trailers yesterday - very nice!
No more nasty grinding when sliding out the fuselage ramp!

Bumper sent me a pile to sell at Uvalde (you save the shipping charge).
Send me an email in Uvalde if you want a set.
Just the thing to keep crew entertained in the balmy afternoons
when we're out on task.

Thanks Bumper!