Record Highs/Record Lows

Old October 11th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Record Highs/Record Lows

Last week we set a new record high here in Iowa City, of (I think) 93
degrees.

Tonight they are predicting record lows in the low 20s -- a swing of 70
degrees in a week. Prior to the arrival of those temperatures,
they're calling for wind gusts to 50 mph.

We've gone from flying -- and sweating -- with all the vents open, to
plugging in the engine oil heater and putting together our winter
survival kit. We may be shovelling snow before we have to rake the
leaves!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 11th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

27 predicted for a low tonight and tomorrow night with a high of 38 for
tomorrow... snow, sleet, and rain headed our way... yuck. Icing
conditions. I miss summer already!

Jim

oups.com...

Old October 11th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Why in God's name you people live in such places is beyond me.

Sure it gets hot around here in the summer but we only see weather like that
in the coldest parts of the winter.

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
27 predicted for a low tonight and tomorrow night with a high of 38 for
tomorrow... snow, sleet, and rain headed our way... yuck. Icing
conditions. I miss summer already!

Jim

oups.com...

Old October 11th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

Why in God's name you people live in such places is beyond me.

Sure it gets hot around here in the summer but we only see weather like that
in the coldest parts of the winter.

Uh, 27 degrees Fahrenheit for an overnight low is NOT considered extreme,
unless you were born and raised in an equatorial climate. Besides, warmer
climates in the US have their own bag of problems, including really big
insects and too many people.

--
Peter
Old October 11th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Peter R. wrote:
Uh, 27 degrees Fahrenheit for an overnight low is NOT considered extreme,
unless you were born and raised in an equatorial climate. Besides, warmer
climates in the US have their own bag of problems, including really big
insects and too many people.

It is in October where I live (in the Piedmont of North Carolina). Our lows are
running in the 50s.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 11th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Why in God's name you people live in such places is beyond me.

Sure it gets hot around here in the summer but we only see weather like that
in the coldest parts of the winter.

Hehehehe, I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it. Who
wants to live somewhere where it snows in OCTOBER?
Old October 11th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

It wouldn't be the first time it's snowed here in October. I've got
pictures of us as kids Trick-or-Treating in several inches of snow. It'll
melt before winter really gets here.
Jim

Old October 11th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Emily wrote:

Hehehehe, I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it. Who
wants to live somewhere where it snows in OCTOBER?

I do. Temperatures aren't the be-all, end-all criterion in determining
where to settle down. Well, perhaps for some.

--
Peter

Old October 11th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Oh, My God, Its GLOBAL WARMING!!!!
But can anybody explain why the whole solar systems is
getting warmer? Why have the Rovers on Mars had more power
than they were calculated to have and thus have run years
longer than expected?

I seem to remember that Rapid City, SD had a 60 degree
temperature swing several times on one day. The explanation
was that the front moved around the mountain and they got
hat and cold passage several times.

oups.com...

New JPIHACK [email protected] Owning 1 June 1st 06 11:03 PM
JPI Data Format and Conversion Josh Owning 4 June 13th 05 04:20 AM
JPI Data Format and Conversion Josh Piloting 4 June 13th 05 04:20 AM
JPI Data Format and Conversion Josh Products 4 June 13th 05 04:20 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM