Emergency landing at airfield

Old January 7th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default Emergency landing at airfield

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2667430?loomia_si=1

Danny Deger

Old January 7th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

And if you would like to view (and actually save a copy of) this video,
without all the crappy commercial ads, go he
http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm (That particular one is
in the "General Aviation" section.)

Our free video page has grown from just two videos (of Mary and me
flying into Iowa City) in 2003, to become the largest collection of
aviation videos in the world -- all thanks to donations. It'a become
an amazing resource for pilots -- almost completely by accident.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 7th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

**It'a** become
an amazing resource for pilots -- almost completely by accident.

What, are you trying out a cheesy new Italian accent out on us now? g
--
Jim in NC

Old January 7th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
And if you would like to view (and actually save a copy of) this video,
without all the crappy commercial ads, go he
http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm (That particular one is
in the "General Aviation" section.)

Are you referencing the Hawker gear up landing?
--
Jim in NC

Old January 7th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

Danny Deger wrote:
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2667430?loomia_si=1

That announcer is hilarious!
-----

- gpsman

Old January 7th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
to become the largest collection of
aviation videos in the world -- all thanks to donations. It'a become
an amazing resource for pilots -- almost completely by accident.

I havn't counted the videos on your site Jay, but there is this other
little site... what was it called, youboob, no, mootube, no not that
either, ohhh, youtube!

There are HUNDREDS of aviation videos on youtube, I made a 4 something
hour DVD out of just mostly ultralight/microlight/VLA stuff downloaded
from youtube a few months back.

You can spend an hour or two every week looking at the new aviation
stuff on youtube.

Old January 7th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

There are HUNDREDS of aviation videos on youtube, I made a 4 something
hour DVD out of just mostly ultralight/microlight/VLA stuff downloaded
from youtube a few months back.

I've not counted the number of aviation videos on YouTube, either, but
I'm curious -- what method do you use to save/burn them?

BTW: I haven't actually counted ours in a while, but it's well over
300, possibly closer to 400 by now. All commercial-free, all available
for download simply by right-clicking, and -- most importantly -- many
with expert commentary from folks who know what actually happened.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 7th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

On 7 Jan 2007 05:26:47 -0800, Jay Honeck wrote:

I've not counted the number of aviation videos on YouTube, either, but
I'm curious -- what method do you use to save/burn them?

There are numerous add-ons for Firefox. You use Firefox, don't you?

And there are add-ons to block most of the adware (so that there is no need
to use other sites like a hotel hosting videos on their company website
*eg*).

#m
--
I am not a terrorist. http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old January 8th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
There are HUNDREDS of aviation videos on youtube, I made a 4 something
hour DVD out of just mostly ultralight/microlight/VLA stuff downloaded
from youtube a few months back.

I've not counted the number of aviation videos on YouTube, either, but
I'm curious -- what method do you use to save/burn them?

As somebody else posted there are plugins for Firefox which allow you
to easily download videos one at a time.

But because I had quite a number I wanted to grab all at once I added
them all to a playlist which is set as my "Video Log", and wrote a
script (that Computer Science major comes in handy now and then) to
download each video from Video Log (as the .flv (flash video) file) -
the script actually cheated a bit and used keepvid.com to get the URL
to each video file and then download that. As I recall I then
transcoded the files to mpeg or avi or something, and from there could
use any old DVD creator thingee.

The results were ok, as you would expect the low resolution of most
videos on YT makes the resulting DVD decidedly low quality, but
certainly watchable, and perfect for my purposes of a "running display"
at public events for our club.

For anybody interested, here's the video log I used (plus a few more
I've added since)
http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...leemanj&page=1
it has the odd duplicate video in it because I forget what I've added
in the past

For reference, here is the quick hack of a (PHP) script I wrote to do
the downloading, it should work on most any Unix-ish (web) server...

---start--cut--here----youtuberipper.php---
?php
$Username = 'your_youtube_username_here';
$Stop_At_Page = 18;
$Save_To = '/tmp/';

$URL =
'http://www.youtube.com/profile_video_blog?user='.$Username.'&page=';
$Page = 1;
while($Page = $Stop_At_Page)
{
$yt = file_get_contents($URL . $Page);
preg_match_all('/a href="(\/watch\?v=[^&]+)&[^"]+"([^]+)\/a/',
$yt, $matches, PREG_SET_ORDER);
echo "\n";

foreach($matches as $set)
{
if(is_numeric($set[2])) continue;
ob_start();
system("echo \"url=" . urlencode('http://www.youtube.com' .
$set[1]) . "\" | POST http://keepvid.com/index_p/");
$x = ob_get_clean();
if(preg_match('/"(.+\/get_video\?video_id=[^"]+)"/', $x, $m))
{
$set[1] = $m[1];
}
echo "{$set[2]}\t\t\t{$set[1]}\n";

system("GET {$set[1]} {$Save_To}" . preg_replace('/[^A-Z0-9-_]/i',
'_',
$set[2]) .
".flv");
}

$Page++;
}
?
---end--cut--here----youtuberipper.php---

Old January 8th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:
For anybody interested, here's the video log I used (plus a few more
I've added since)
http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...leemanj&page=1

Guess I should point out that the description/comments on those videos
are not mine but from the person who posted the video.