Bush has already won re-election

Old October 27th 03, 06:22 PM
SCE

Default Bush has already won re-election

Bush has already won re-election
from http://www.democracynow.org/article....3/09/04/159216

Meanwhile in Ohio, Diebold Inc. is one of the companies vying to sell
electronic voting machines in that state. Diebold and its CEO have strong
Republican ties, specifically to the Bush administration.

A recent article by Julie Carr Smyth in The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported
that the head of Diebold is also a top fundraiser for President Bush's
re-election. In a recent fund-raising letter Diebold's chief executive
Walden O'Dell said he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral
votes to the president next year."

"I think the question that this has raised is, has he crossed the line?,"
said The Plain Dealer's Smyth on Democracy Now! "We hear a lot of comments
that a C.E.O. should be allowed to be as politically active as he wants,
he's a businessman, he's allowed to favor the president. But I think in the
business of election systems, the question is, has this crossed the line?"

"Basically what we have is a company that is giving money, hand over fist
and helping in campaign strategizing for a particular political party at the
same time as making the machines that count the votes," said Bev Harris,
author of Black Box Voting: Ballot-Tampering in the 21st Century.

Harris told Democracy Now!: "We now know that the machines that they're
making that count the votes are not secure from tampering. And add to that,
we've got a situation where everything inside the machines is secret, we're
not allowed the see how they count the votes. So this is not an acceptable
situation."

Ohio is anticipating spending about $161 million not just on machines but
also on the entire implementation of the new system. Diebold is one of ten
original companies that came to Ohio to bid for the contract.

In July, O'Dell invited Vice President Dick Cheney to his house for a
fundraiser, which poured $500,000 into Cheney's coffers.

On a trip to Ohio, President Bush visited one of Diebold's board members -
W.R. Timken - who took him on a tour of the company. Timken, like O'Dell, is
a "Pioneer" - the name given to wealthy Bush benefactors.

According to Harris, a study of the campaign contributions made by Diebold
and its employees revealed an unusual pattern: Hundreds of thousands of
dollars were being funneled to a few Republican candidates with very little
to any other party.

Harris says that Diebold's electronic voting machines are wide open to
tampering. "There's actually several different methods that we've been
looking at. One of the first things you do when you look at any kind of
fraud is look what they tell you not to look at," she said.

Harris managed to obtain the source code that is used in Diebold's
electronic voting system simply by searching the Internet.

Harris told Democracy Now! that she recently uncovered another file on the
Diebold site that she says "may very well be the smoking gun that brings
this thing down."

The file, she claims, proves that Diebold has the ability to keep track of
election results as they come in. More concerning she says technology exists
that would allow Diebold to alter election results.

Diebold has long claimed it does not track votes on Election Day but Harris
said this file of election data from San Luis Obispo County, California
shows otherwise.

"It is impossible for this file to have existed if there wasn't some sort of
illicit electronic communication going on for remote access," Harris said.

"It's against the law to start counting the votes before the polls have
closed. But this file is date and time stamped at 3:31 in the afternoon on
Election Day, and somehow all 57 precincts managed to call home add them
themselves up in the middle of the day. Not only once but three times,"
Harris said. "If you have no electronic communications between the polling
places and the main office, how does that happen? Because what would you
literally have to do is to shut down the polling place in 57 places at once
and get in a car and drive this card into the county office. That's not
going to happen."

Technically, under the Diebold system that means it is possible for someone
who has access to the system to monitor the progress of the voting results
throughout the day and to potentially manipulate them.

"You see, a modem is always two way," says Harris. "If you can pull the
information in, you can also push it back through the pipeline the other
direction. So that means if they can pull the information in, they can also
send information back into those machines."

"We've known for some time that this is one of the weakest areas," Harris
said. "If you have remote communication into the system at all, that gives
you access without physical access and that's very dangerous."

So when all of you Vets out there think of the sacrifice made by all those
to uphold and defend the constitution the republicans just figured out how
to steal them by controlling how the votes are counted electronically with
no paper ballots left over to verify the outcome ask the opponent to Sen.
Chuck Hagel who after selling his companies systems to his state Nebraska he
won an election in a miraculous upset coming from way behind in the polls
to win of course no one knew he was the majority stock holder in the company
that sold the state the machines!

See

http://www.blackboxvoting.com/bbv/bbv_chapter-6.pdf

Now for those of you who say it is a bunch of lies then ask the DisHonorable
Senator from Nebraska to take them to court for Slander and Libel! This has
been circulating the internet for a year now and they have not complained
about it since they squash it from the major news organizations! Free fair
and honest elections ask the Honorable Sen. From Georgia Max Cleland who
lost despite being ahead in the polls on election day then the votes were
counted using Diebold Machines the same day that for unexplained reasons VNS
was dropped by the major news media since it's exit polls were not matching
official tally's. Free elections yeah right
See
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2003/1013/050.html

Humm a republican paper reporting on this bet someone got fired over that!

CHAPTER 11: Unauthorized Diebold vote replacement led to TV networks
calling race for Bush

If you strip away the partisan rancor over the 2000 election, you are
left with the undeniable fact that a presidential candidate conceded the
election to his opponent based on a second card (card #3) that mysteriously
appeared, subtracted 16,022 votes from Al Gore, and in some still undefined
way, added 4,000 erroneous votes to George W. Bush, then, just as
mysteriously, disappears.

Black Box Voting reveals for the first time that it was the Volusia
and Brevard County anomalies that caused TV networks to call the election
for Bush. An internal document from CBS, combined with timelines and
interviews from Agence France-Presse and internal Diebold memos show that:

- A replacement set of votes was uploaded on the Diebold machines
(then called Global Election Systems) in Volusia County about one hour after
the original votes.

- The original votes were on "copy 0" of the memory card containing
the vote database. The replacement votes were tagged to a "copy 3."

- According to an internal memo written by Diebold Election Systems
Sr. V.P. of Research and Development Talbot Iredale, the second set of votes
should not have been done and may have been "unauthorized."

- In the replacement vote set, totals for all races were correct
except for the presidential race.

- According to CBS documents, the erroneous 20,000 votes in Volusia
was directly responsible for calling the election for Bush.

- Brevard County, Florida also used Global Election Systems (now
Diebold) voting machines. Brevard omitted 4,000 votes for Gore from its
tally, which contributed to the decision by the networks to call for Bush.

- The two erroneous county totals came directly from the central
tabulating system for the county. The GEMS program is Diebold's central
tabulation software.

One journalist was doing his job correctly that night: Ed Bradley, a
CBS correspondent best known for his work on "60 Minutes." Bradley sounded
alarm bells over discrepancies in the data, but no one paid attention to
him. CBS also ignored independent data from The AP; had CBS and the other
networks used AP data instead of Voter News Service (VNS), they would not
have called the election for Bush.

The election was first called by Fox analyst John Ellis, who had
earlier conferred with his two cousins, George W. Bush and Florida Governor
Jeb Bush. Ellis was privy to the numbers from VNS, and presumably knew the
margin that would be required in order to call the election.

During the evening, a 55,000-vote spread evaporated into just hundreds
of votes.

Al Gore called George W. Bush around 3:15 a.m. and conceded the
election. Between 3:30 and 3:45, he boarded a motorcade to make a public
concession. Votes were melting away at a rate of some 5,000 every 15
minutes, and Ed Bradley from CBS was telling everyone in sight that someone
needed to check the figures. When Gore was two blocks from Memorial Plaza in
Nashville, Tennessee, where he planned to issue a formal concession, word of
the disappearing votes reached him.

He chose not to concede: Thus we had a recount in Florida.

If this isn't disturbing enough, consider these three points:

1) We don't know if this is an isolated incident. It may have occurred
in other locations in smaller, less spectacular totals
2) The errors were correctable because paper ballots existed.
3) The fact that "negative votes" could be applied to a candidate's
total demonstrates such a fundamentally flawed software model that it calls
into question the competence and integrity of the programmers, the company
and the certification process itself.

According to the memo from Talbot Iredale, there were two uploads from
two different cards.

. The votes were uploaded on the same port approxiately 1 hour apart.
. Only one memory card was supposed to have been uploaded.
. "Copy 0" uploaded some votes.
. "Copy 3" replaced the votes from "Copy 0" with its own.
. Iredale believes the second one is the one that caused the problem.
. The "problem": 16,022 negative votes for Al Gore

I uncovered an 87-page report called "CBS News Coverage of Election
Night 2000: Investigation, Analysis, Recommendations prepared for CBS News."

According to the CBS News report: "These 24,000 votes would have
nearly eliminated the 30,000-vote final Bush margin the CBS News Decision
Desk has estimated. There would have been no call if these errors had not
been in the system."

Breakdown of the 24,000 votes: [20,000 from Volusia -- 16,022 negative
votes for Gore and 4000 erroneous votes for Bush, plus 4000 omitted votes
for Gore in Brevard County, which also used GES/Diebold voting machines.

According to the CBS report, "the call for Bush was based entirely on
the tabulated county vote" [i.e., GEMS or equivalent programs]. "There were
several data errors that were responsible for that mistake. The most
egregious of the data errors has been well documented. Vote reports from
Volusia County."

"The mistakes ... which originated with the counties, were critical,"
says the report. "They incorrectly increased Bush's lead in the tabulated
vote from about 27,000 to more than 51,000. Had it not been for these
errors, the CBS News call for Bush at 2:17:52 AM would not have been made."

Read mo Go to any Black Box Voting site that is up at the moment
(as most of you know, both sites have had a string of takedowns for reasons
ranging from Diebold cease and desist orders to hacking to bogus spam
complaints.) Download Chapter 11.

Read all of the following chapters before doing your name calling, the
fact is we have lost our rights as citizens and the Republicans our counting
our votes the way the want to not as we cast them!

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-1.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-2.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-3.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-4.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-5.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-6.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-7.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-8.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-9.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-10.pdf
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/bbv_chapter-11.pdf

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=452972

www.agonist.org

www.blackboxvoting.org

http://www.equalccw.com/dieboldtestnotes.html

Please support H.R. 2239. This bill has been dying in commitee not allowing
the house to vote on it after all the majority of those scoundrels in office
now like Sen Hagel probably got elected due to those infernal machines not
the will of the Voter!

R. Ramirez
USA, RET
1974-95

Old October 27th 03, 06:31 PM
Tarver Engineering

"SCE" wrote in message
Bush has already won re-election
from http://www.democracynow.org/article....3/09/04/159216

Meanwhile in Ohio, Diebold Inc. is one of the companies vying to sell
electronic voting machines in that state. Diebold and its CEO have strong
Republican ties, specifically to the Bush administration.

The question is, why the left is attempting to undermine confidence in
American democracy?

After all, the ACLU clowns have already charged the alternative punch card
machines are a 1964 Voting Rights Act violation; which the 9th Circus
en-bonk, suggested may be revisited.

Old October 27th 03, 06:48 PM
SCE

All I ask is for you to read the Articles including the one from Forbes
Magazine then Support HR 2239 for VERAFIABLE ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEMS if
we fail to question our politicians and ensure our rights to fair elections
then we become just another Banana republic! Why have the Republicans sat on
this bill?

R.Ramirez

Old October 27th 03, 06:56 PM
Tarver Engineering

"SCE" wrote in message
All I ask is for you to read the Articles including the one from Forbes
Magazine then Support HR 2239 for VERAFIABLE ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEMS if
we fail to question our politicians and ensure our rights to fair

elections
then we become just another Banana republic! Why have the Republicans sat

on
this bill?

As I have already pointed out, you are one of several groups slandering one
of several voting means used in the US. I question the validity of your
claim that your's is an issue of "verification", SCE.

Old October 27th 03, 07:28 PM
NEMO ME IMPUNE

Dans une ploutocratie, pour ne pas dire une connocratie, cela s'appelle le
bourrage des urnes...
Allez vous recycler en Irak

Old October 27th 03, 09:38 PM
Abraxis

"Matt" wrote in message
How is this aviation related?

Learn to snip you moron!

Old October 27th 03, 11:48 PM
SCE

BlackBox voting the best way to steal a democracy
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0310/S00211.htm
"DELAND, Fla., Nov. 11 - Something very strange happened on election night
to Deborah Tannenbaum, a Democratic Party official in Volusia County. At 10
p.m., she called the county elections department and learned that Al Gore
was leading George W. Bush 83,000 votes to 62,000. But when she checked the
county's Web site for an update half an hour later, she found a startling
development: Gore's count had dropped by 16,000 votes, while an obscure
Socialist candidate had picked up 10,000--all because of a single precinct
with only 600 voters."
- Washington Post Sunday , November 12, 2000 ; Page A22

Yes. Something very strange happened in Volusia County on election night
November 2000, the night that first Gore won Florida, then Bush, and then as
everybody can so well remember there was a tie.

Something strange indeed. But what exactly? In the above report ( click for
full version), written days after the election, hotshot Washington Post
reporter Dana Milbank goes on to attribute the strange 16,022 negative vote
tally from Volusia's precinct 216 to an apparently innocent cause.

".. faulty 'memory cards' in the machines caused the 16,000-vote
disappearance on election night. The glitch was soon fixed," he wrote.

But thanks to recent investigations into Black Box Voting by Washington
State writer Bev Harris we now know this explanation is not correct. In fact
it is not even in the ballpark.

According to recently discovered internal Diebold Election Systems memos,
Global Election Systems' (which was later purchased by Diebold) own
technical staff were also stumped by the events in Volusia County/

In Chapter 11 of her new book "Black Box Voting In the 21st Century"
released early today in .PDF format at Blackboxvoting.com and here at Scoop
Ms Harris observes.

"If you strip away the partisan rancor over the 2000 election, you are
left with the undeniable fact that a presidential candidate conceded the
election to his opponent based on [results from] a second card that
mysteriously appears, subtracts 16,022 votes, then just as mysteriously
disappears."
Working in parallel with Ms Harris Scoop has also been inquiring into the
events on election night in Volusia county. Much of the material that
follows is similar to that which appears in Chapter 11 of her book.

The starting point in this shocking discovery about election 2000 came in a
series of internal Diebold ES technical support memos.

The following is an abbreviated version of the exchange concerning the
peculiar events in Volusia county. For the purposes of research the exchange
is included in full as an Appendix to this report (APPENDIX TWO). The
discussion took place in early 2001 as an audit was underway in Volusia
county into the events.

**********
(NOTE: The names below each extract link to the full text of the emails in
the appendices below.)

I need some answers! Our department is being audited by the County. I have
been waiting for someone to give me an explanation as to why Precinct 216
gave Al Gore a minus 16022 when it was uploaded. Will someone please explain
this so that I have the information to give the auditor instead of standing
here "looking dumb".
Lana Hires - Volusia County Florida - January 17, 2001 8:07 AM

My understanding is that the card was not corrupt after (or before)
upload. They fixed the problem by clearing the precinct and re-uploading the
same card. So neither of these explainations washes. That's not to say I
have any idea what actually happened, its just not either of those.

The problem is its going to be very hard to collect enough data to really
know what happened. The card isn't corrupt so we can't post-mortem it (its
not mort).

Ken Clark - Diebold ES R&D Manager - January 18, 2001 1:41 PM

- the negative numbers on media display occurred when Lana attempted to
reupload a card or duplicate card. Sophia and Tab may be able to shed some
light here, keeping in mind that the boogie man may me reading our mail. Do
we know how this could occur?

John McLaurin - Diebold ES - 18 Jan 2001 15:44:50

The problem precinct had two memcory cards uploaded. The second one is the
one I believe caused the problem. They were uploaded on the same port
approx. 1 hour apart. As far as I know there should only have been one
memory card uploaded. I asked you to check this out when the problem first
occured but have not heard back as to whether this is true.

When the precinct was cleared and re-uploaded (only one memory card as far
as I know) everything was fine.
Old October 28th 03, 12:02 AM
SCE

"Abe" wrote in message
political bollox snipped

Which part of "rec.aviation.military" are you having trouble
understanding?

Probably the part where they talk about military pilots or those claiming to
be one as is the case with Jr. Where as he says he volunteered to go to
Vietnam and yet records reveal that he could not even fly for most of his NG
service since he disobeyed orders and failed to take an annual physical!
Whereby he was grounded for said failure which is just the first in a long
stream of them as he was groomed for his present job!

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bush shot JFK over what he did to Barbara Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Home Built 2 August 30th 04 03:28 AM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aviation Marketplace 0 August 28th 04 11:30 AM