Federal Budget Is Out ..

Old February 6th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default Federal Budget Is Out ..

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:36:37 -0700, Jay Beckman wrote:

I've no doubt that AOPAs DC folk (and Phil himself) are doing some serious
flesh pressing. This is a subject that has been on AOPAs radar for quite
some time.

I hope he's doing more than that. I know the AOPA funded a couple TV
commercials but that seems like a high cost/low effect effort.

I'd like to see the AOPA put together a coalition of GA manufacturers,
flight schools, aircraft dealers, charter companies, FBOs, insurance
companies to put some focused pressure on congress. I'm betting there are
quite a few private pilots in congress that could get heavily involved.

--
Dallas
Old February 6th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:59:49 -0500, Blueskies wrote:

Write your senators and representatives...we can change this...

I would add Phil's favorite statements that The United States has the
largest, safest, most efficient air transportation system in the world, why
should we jeopardize that with a change?

Write Your Representative:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Senators of the 110th Congress:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

--
Dallas
Old February 6th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:36:37 -0700, Jay Beckman wrote:

her request to have access to USAF aircraft for her transportation

Yeah, she got her request approved today. Did you hear that she also
requested an aircraft to take her 150 miles to a Williamsburg retreat while
the other members of congress took a bus.

Thankfully her request was denied.

--
Dallas
Old February 6th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:36:37 -0700, Jay Beckman wrote:

her request to have access to USAF aircraft for her transportation

Yeah, she got her request approved today. Did you hear that she also
requested an aircraft to take her 150 miles to a Williamsburg retreat while
the other members of congress took a bus.

Thankfully her request was denied.

Anyone who thinks the Democrats are any different than the Republiclans
is naive beyond belief.

Matt
Old February 6th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 23:03:11 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote:

Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:36:37 -0700, Jay Beckman wrote:

her request to have access to USAF aircraft for her transportation

Yeah, she got her request approved today. Did you hear that she also
requested an aircraft to take her 150 miles to a Williamsburg retreat while
the other members of congress took a bus.

Thankfully her request was denied.

Anyone who thinks the Democrats are any different than the Republiclans
is naive beyond belief.

Anybody who imagines a group of US Representatives or Senators
climbing on a bus and singing "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" for
any distance, much less 150 miles, has a tenuous grasp on reality.

Don (Okay, they can sing "On the Road Again.")

Old February 7th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Don Tuite" wrote in message

Anybody who imagines a group of US Representatives or Senators
climbing on a bus and singing "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" for
any distance, much less 150 miles, has a tenuous grasp on reality.

Don (Okay, they can sing "On the Road Again.")

If they're not wearing their hair in braids, it just doesn't cut it.

Old February 7th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Buck Murdock" wrote in message

Yup. A democrat will have to come clean up the mess, and get blamed for
stifling the economy because taxes went up, all to pay off Bush's war
tab.

Defense is all of 16% of the budget, up from 14.5%.

A peak at might be a benefit, too.

Get a clue!

How about a hint, or a link? What is the Article 1, Section 8?
--
Jim in NC

REAL BUDGET BUSTER Cribsheet Piloting 2 December 18th 04 10:02 PM
Control Tower Controversy brewing in the FAA PlanetJ Instrument Flight Rules 168 December 6th 03 01:51 PM
Control Tower Controversy brewing in the FAA PlanetJ Piloting 167 December 6th 03 01:51 PM
USA Defence Budget Realities Stop SPAM! Military Aviation 17 July 9th 03 02:11 AM