Looking for Udo Rumpf's auto tow pulley system sold on W&W last year.

Old October 9th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

Default Looking for Udo Rumpf's auto tow pulley system sold on W&W last year.

I am looking for the person who purchased Udo Rumpf auto tow pulley system that was posted Wings and Wheels last year. I just have a few questions for the owner to see how the system it is working out. I am wanting to copy the system to my make my own.

Randy Teel

rgteel at mac.com
Tulsa, OK
Old October 10th 12, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:44:06 PM UTC-4, Randy Teel wrote:
I am looking for the person who purchased Udo Rumpf auto tow pulley system that was posted Wings and Wheels last year. I just have a few questions for the owner to see how the system it is working out. I am wanting to copy the system to my make my own. Randy Teel rgteel at mac.com Tulsa, OK

Hello Randy,

don't know who picked up the pulley system but did you know that Udo created a photo album about it on winchdesign?

Uli Neumann
Old October 10th 12, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

Uli,
Yes, this is where I have seen the pictures of his system. So far I have done about 50 auto tows the past few weeks. Now I want to do a reverse pulley launch to see if I can get to at least 1,200 - 1,500 feet off of a 3,300 foot runway with a 15 kt headwind. This would get me high enough to get to a local ridge and then into the wave. I want to be able to fly from this airport (Talihina, OK) with the dependency of a tow plane.