Any idea how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

Old July 14th 04, 08:07 AM
tango4

1 - 12.5m wingspan 1:25 l/d - not exactly a "performance two seater"!
2 - Its a motorglider so it needs all the hassle of a full pilot licence

Ian

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message
How about this one:
http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newslett...letter-17.html

tango4 wrote:
A side by side two seater is just the sort of thing I'm looking for. The
social aspect on one hand and the fact that if I fly with either of my

young
children I can get to them in flight is just so attractive. Add to that

1:47
performance, folding wings, and new, composite construction, and it's

the
perfect solution. If they were to say they were coming out with a
'traditional' ( ie folding motor in the fuse ) sustainer version I'd

send
'em a deposit tomorrow!

I really wish DG and Schempp would come up with optional side-by-side
fuselages for their ships.

Ian

Old July 14th 04, 09:18 AM
Bruce Greeff

tango4 wrote:

A side by side two seater is just the sort of thing I'm looking for. The
social aspect on one hand and the fact that if I fly with either of my

young

children I can get to them in flight is just so attractive. Add to that

1:47

performance, folding wings, and new, composite construction, and it's

the

perfect solution. If they were to say they were coming out with a
'traditional' ( ie folding motor in the fuse ) sustainer version I'd

send

'em a deposit tomorrow!

I really wish DG and Schempp would come up with optional side-by-side
fuselages for their ships.

Ian

Ian

They are manufacturing a SLMG two seater side by side called the Taurus. Higher
performance than the Sinus and just what you are looking for less a few L/'D
points.

Two advantages though. Much lower cost so you can afford to fly more, and
smaller, so much easier to rig, hangar and transport. Sounds interesting to me.
Old July 14th 04, 10:11 AM
tango4

1 - It's still a motorglider so here in Europe it needs a full pilots
licence.

2 - TINSFOS!

Ian

Old July 14th 04, 10:49 AM
Tom and Jane Gilbert

According to Mike Bird (Platypus) there is a substitute for span. It's
called talent. But you can buy span!

Old July 14th 04, 11:02 AM
Stefan

tango4 wrote:

1 - It's still a motorglider so here in Europe it needs a full pilots
licence.

Maybe there in Europe where you live. But here in Europe where I live it
doesn't.

Stefan

Old July 14th 04, 11:23 AM
Robertmudd1u

They are manufacturing a SLMG two seater side by side called the Taurus.

More information about the Taurus can be found in the newsletter section at
http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/links.html
Read numbers 14-15-17&18
Pipistrel is very busy now making the production molds.

The wing is the same as on the Pipistrel Virus which is a 15 meter touring type
moptorglider, and is also used on the AMS Apis series of gliders.
www.apisgliders.com

Go to ww.pipistrel-usa.com for info about the Virus and Sinus. Odd names I
know but I did not choose them. However these offer a real alternative to the
high priced sutff out of Germany.

Robert Mudd
Apis Gliders inc
Pipistrel-USA
Old July 14th 04, 05:54 PM
Eric Greenwell

tango4 wrote:

1 - It's still a motorglider so here in Europe it needs a full pilots
licence.

2 - TINSFOS!

I think a motor, like the sustainer you want, can subsitute for a lot of
span. Bummer about needing a power license to fly a self-launcher.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old July 14th 04, 09:18 PM
Ruud

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:57:03 +1000, jorgie
wrote:

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the new Stemme S2 will cost?

They always say "if you´re asking for the price, you probably won´t be
able to afford such a ship" ;-)
Old July 14th 04, 09:23 PM
Ruud

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:27:52 -0700, Greg Arnold
wrote:

How about this one:
http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newslett...letter-17.html

Never seen such an ugly (motor)glider before.