Jacks Mt Wind Turbines

Old November 5th 14, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default Jacks Mt Wind Turbines

Great news today from the head of SOAR (Save Our Allegheny Ridges) that one of the two proposed wind farms on Jacks Mt. has been halted. This project would have put a hurt on soaring at Mifflin. Here's the posting:

Dear Friends,

We hope you will attend our next Friends of Jacks Mtn. meeting on Thursday, Nov. 6. Let Cindy know if you are coming. We will be enjoying some delicious homemade goodies at the meeting and we need to know how much food to bring!
Cindy's email is

Now for the BIG NEWS: VOLKSWIND'S PROJECT WAS PULLED FROM THE PJM ACTIVE QUEUES ON NOV. 3 AND PLACED IN THE WITHDRAWN QUEUES.
I just checked the PJM Queue today and discovered it had been pulled from the Active list!!!!

So, we will have lots to celebrate on Thursday and some planning to do as we discuss our next efforts - see attached agenda.

Hope to see you on Thursday!
Laura

So thanks to all you out there who took the time to write those letters to the township supervisors a couple years ago!!!

Karl Striedieck

PS PJM is the Pa, NJ, MD grid.

PPS The other project (by Eon), is less far along and on life support.
Old November 5th 14, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:29:42 PM UTC-5, Karl Striedieck wrote:
[...]

That is wonderful news. Thanks Karl.

Evan Ludeman
Old November 5th 14, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great to hear. Perhaps all those Fine Week of Soaring DVDs Juan mailed to the supervisors had an effect. I would dare say it was the Mozart that made the difference.
Old November 6th 14, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

[...]

karl, we can't thank you and everyone else involved enough. mifflin is just such a fantastic place, and the efforts of everyone involved are much appreciated! see you in May!
Old November 7th 14, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'm wondering if the oil supply glut and falling energy prices are dampening alternate energy construction projects. Even with government subsidies, the economic benefits of alternate energy generation may too little to continue construction of turbines and solar fields (at least, at this time).

If Lockeed Martin's fusion project is for real, alternate energy construction may simply disappear completely.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...usion-machine/

The ridges would be wind turbine free forever.