Back in the saddle - flying again!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 17th 05, 02:47 PM
GEG

Default Back in the saddle - flying again!

ALRIGHT! That felt good!
After a 2 year hiatus, I'm back in the saddle again!
I was so mentally ready!

Although I've only flown 4 times (last year once for a 20-minute
hop in a Piper Tri-Pacer tail dragger on a grass strip), I hit
the rectangular patterns, maintained altitude on turns, hit
my flight levels and directions almost dead on (although I
was having some troubles with rudder coordination, and taxiing was
like a keystone cop comedy!).
It was AWESOME!
I could not have lined up on final better.
Although, I pulled the throttle a little quick on the flare and we
dropped a little faster than I would have liked that last 4 feet - it
was one little step away from a greaser. It really surprised me - but I
got the sight picture better than I thought,
and John really pressed me to fly the plane visually rather than looking
at the instruments so much.
That was a great step for me.

Whew!

It was nice!

I was in a 1980 Cessna 152 - and my new instructor - although different
from my last instructor that I REALLY liked, was very good and I'm
quite comfortable with him.

Gary