$100 Hamburgers in Maine

Old August 31st 03, 03:56 AM
Patrick

Default $100 Hamburgers in Maine

Hi folks,

We're headed up to Bangor and Bar Harbor to cool down for a vacation next
week and I was thinking about renting an airplane for a day or two and
touring part of the state. Any thoughts on neat destinations in the area?
Also, I wonder if any FBOs or clubs rent Bonanzas up there?

All thoughts and ideas would be most appreciated... Thanks!

Patrick

Old August 31st 03, 03:11 PM
Gilan

On 18 October we will have some $100 hamburgers (actually only $3) for
anyone that wants to visit. We have 2000 feet of nice green grass. Here is
a video of a twin landing at our fly-in.
http://flyinggators.com/fly-in%2002/Twin%20Landing1.WMV

Flying Gators annual Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_g...annual_fly.htm

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

Old August 31st 03, 10:26 PM
Roger Long

If you go to the popular restaurant at Sanford, make that a $108.00
hamburger. They now have a "handling" fee if you tie down at the FBO next
door.

--
Roger Long

Old September 21st 03, 02:44 PM
Gilan

hope you can come to our fly-in and have a hamburger. Just drop in and say
hello. We sometimes get 5 or 6 GA at the annual fly-in. Last year two
helicopters stopped in for a visit. The more the better for the spectators.
Everyone is welcome to stop by. We listen to 123.375
--
Flying Gators annual Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_g...annual_fly.htm

We have 2000 feet of nice green grass. Here is
a video of a twin landing at our fly-in.
http://flyinggators.com/fly-in%2002/Twin%20Landing1.WMV

"Roger Long" wrote i..

Old September 1st 03, 01:04 AM
news.comcast.giganews.com

Wiscasset (KIWI) is a nice location (coastal, a bit NE of Portland), and is
a short drive from a great $100 lobster roll at Red's. The very friendly
staff at the FBO lent me the crew truck to head into town a few months ago.

Old September 2nd 03, 07:53 PM
Michelle P

I had but forgotten about that little place in Wiscasset. I will have to
make a trip up there one day to have one...

Michelle

news.comcast.giganews.com wrote:

Wiscasset (KIWI) is a nice location (coastal, a bit NE of Portland), and is
a short drive from a great $100 lobster roll at Red's. The very friendly
staff at the FBO lent me the crew truck to head into town a few months ago.

"Patrick" wrote in message
m...

Hi folks,

We're headed up to Bangor and Bar Harbor to cool down for a vacation next
week and I was thinking about renting an airplane for a day or two and
touring part of the state. Any thoughts on neat destinations in the area?
Also, I wonder if any FBOs or clubs rent Bonanzas up there?

All thoughts and ideas would be most appreciated... Thanks!

Patrick

--

Michelle P CP-ASMEL-IA, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, AirLifeLine

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Old September 1st 03, 02:56 AM
MLP

Took a late day flight out to Knox County Regional(KRKD) in Rockland, Maine
last month.

Very scenic flight out along the coast north of Portland. FBO folks
(Downeast Air) were really friendly and easy to deal with. Very accomodating
even though it was nearly 8pm and they were getting ready to head out for
the night.

I think there was some place to eat near the airfield but it wasn't in our
plan.

Old September 2nd 03, 02:59 AM
Ray Andraka

IIRC, there is also an aviation museum at Knox county that is supposed to be
pretty good. I've never seen it myself, as I didn't have enough time to go the
two times I was at knox county.

MLP wrote:

Took a late day flight out to Knox County Regional(KRKD) in Rockland, Maine
last month.

Very scenic flight out along the coast north of Portland. FBO folks
(Downeast Air) were really friendly and easy to deal with. Very accomodating
even though it was nearly 8pm and they were getting ready to head out for
the night.

I think there was some place to eat near the airfield but it wasn't in our
plan.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old September 1st 03, 05:08 AM
Bill

There is a great lobster restaurant right on the water a short drive from
Belfast, Me (BST).

But if you're up there late next week, the place to go is the International
Seaplane Fly-In on Moosehead Lake at Greenville, Me.
Great atmosphere and some incredible flying during the short takeoff
contests and bush pilot races.
Maybe the DC3 on floats will be flying.
A litttle different than the Oshkosh experience.

There's a shuttle bus from Greenville (3B1)

Old September 1st 03, 12:53 PM
Patrick

Thanks to all who responded!

Patrick