Update for Jeppesen Database

Old December 25th 04, 01:07 PM
Jon Kraus

Default Update for Jeppesen Database

I am a new owner of a '79 Mooney that has a Garmin GNS 430 GPS
installed. I am needing to get a link or directions to the Jeppesen site
that tells about how you can get the database updates. I have done some
Googleing and am not having any luck. Thanks in advance!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney Owner

Old December 25th 04, 01:33 PM
g n p

You have to buy the little data cassette.
Try www.garmin.com and go to the product and look for the update info (also
download the trainer).

__________________________________
G. Paleologopoulos
SX-ADE, TB-9 Tampico Club w/ GNs 430

Old December 25th 04, 02:09 PM
Dave Anderer

http://www.jeppesen.com/wlcs/application/commercewf?origin=category_orig_jep.jsp&event=link (browse)&wlcs_catalog_sourceKey=wlcs_categories&wl cs_catalog_destinationKey=wlcs_siblings&root_categ ory_id=CNS&wlcs_catalog_category_id=CNS4

Old December 25th 04, 02:19 PM
Jon Kraus

Thanks !! I already have the sim but I'll look for the card update.

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney Owner

Old December 25th 04, 02:19 PM
Jon Kraus

Thanks Dave!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney Owner

Old December 25th 04, 05:48 PM
Jack Allison

Jon Kraus wrote:

I am a new owner of a '79 Mooney that has a Garmin GNS 430 GPS
installed.

Oh, you poor thing! :-) Man, I hope I have your problems
someday...maybe not in the Mooney (I'm still really leaning toward a
Cardinal).

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, airplane partnership student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old December 26th 04, 06:36 PM
Jon Kraus

Just face it Jack, you love that Cardinal you have been looking at. :-)
You might as well start writing the checks now and get the purchase over
with. Then you can then sign your posts "Student Cardinal Owner" and be
broke like the rest of us. Well maybe not everyone but me anyway... Good
luck Jack!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney Owner

Old December 27th 04, 06:22 AM
Jack Allison

Jon Kraus wrote:

Just face it Jack, you love that Cardinal you have been looking at. :-)

That would be Cardinal*s* Jon...and, yes, I do love them. Just haven't
found the right one for the right price. I did sit in one for the first
time. This one wasn't for sale but since I hadn't ever been in one, I
jumped at the chance to crawl around inside and out. Now I really
really really want to fly in one (the day I looked at this one,
conditions were below ILS minimums, overcast at 100', visibility less
than 1/4 mile...so, no first Cardinal flight for me).

You might as well start writing the checks now and get the purchase over
with.

I thought I needed to start practicing burning $100 bills while keeping
a smile on my face. :-)

Then you can then sign your posts "Student Cardinal Owner"

I look forward to the day I can add "Student whatever plane we buy
Owner" and send Jay H. some updated pictures. Followed, of course, by
the obligatory maiden voyage to Oshkosh.