Getting tired of The DigiWX posts

Old July 14th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
betwys1

Default Getting tired of The DigiWX posts

On 7/13/2010 11:53 PM, Mitch wrote:
I think the attacks on this guy and his family that are posted on here
are downright disgusting. Surely the attacks on his daughters are
illegal some how? Any good liable lawyers out there who can confirm
this? SPAM is fine, and an accepted part of the internet. This,
however reaches beyond SPAM and moves into a whole new realm,
especially when he starts involving the kids. What do you guys
think? Anything we can do about it, or am I just feeding the troll by
even posting this?

-EX

In these days of hard economics, a contract apparently runs under $1000.

I'm not there yet. Are you? :-)

Brian W
Old July 14th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Jul 14, 7:49*am, betwys1 wrote:
On 7/13/2010 11:53 PM, Mitch wrote:

I think the attacks on this guy and his family that are posted on here
are downright disgusting. *Surely the attacks on his daughters are
illegal some how? *Any good liable lawyers out there who can confirm
this? *SPAM is fine, and an accepted part of the internet. *This,
however reaches beyond SPAM and moves into a whole new realm,
especially when he starts involving the kids. *What do you guys
think? *Anything we can do about it, or am I just feeding the troll by
even posting this?

-EX

In these days of hard economics, a contract apparently runs under $1000.

I'm not there yet. Are you? * * :-)

Brian W

I googled the fellow that keeps posting the spam and it turns out he
is very involved as an airport board member. It is hard to imagine an
involved citizen posting such obscene material. Maybe someone with a
better temper than myself should call him on the telephone and help
him recognize that the internet does not make you invisible.

Old July 14th 10, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_2_]

On Jul 14, 8:18*am, lanebush wrote:

I googled the fellow that keeps posting the spam and it turns out he
is very involved as an airport board member. *It is hard to imagine an
involved citizen posting such obscene material. *Maybe someone with a
better temper than myself should call him on the telephone and help
him recognize that the internet does not make you invisible.- Hide quoted text -

How can you be sure it is him who is making the posts? It could be a
third party wanting to make him look bad. Don't beleive everything
you read on the Internet.
Old July 14th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
betwys1

Default OT Getting tired of The DigiWX posts

On 7/14/2010 7:18 AM, lanebush wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:49 am, wrote:
[...]

Sad to tell, tracing an address is not quite so easy for this sad case.
He does forge source addresses for his sad stuff (I should know - he has
forged mine for several of his most despicable emissions).
But usually he runs them though anonymizers.

If you can easily trace a source, it's likely not him.
It takes a certain $ outlay to locate him - and I have yet to get that
fired up. Not yet.

Regards

Brian W
Old July 15th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_28_]

Don't you think the targets of his attacks know who he is? If they
posted his info those who choose to mess with him could do so. Alas,
experience shows these losers are best ignored.

Old July 19th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

Another option would be to have the SSA host a discussion board on
their website that you use your SSA member ID number to log in to.

Old July 19th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

On 7/18/2010 9:17 PM, Scott Alexander wrote:
Another option would be to have the SSA host a discussion board on
their website that you use your SSA member ID number to log in to.

I suspect that there are a number of people who read / participate in
RAS who are outside of the US.

--
Mike Schumann
Old July 19th 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

On 7/18/2010 7:40 PM, Mike Schumann wrote:
On 7/18/2010 9:17 PM, Scott Alexander wrote:
Another option would be to have the SSA host a discussion board on
their website that you use your SSA member ID number to log in to.

I suspect that there are a number of people who read / participate in
RAS who are outside of the US.

I know there are a lot of pilots on RAS from outside the USA, and it's a
major reason I like RAS.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz

Old July 19th 10, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lars Peder Hansen

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
I suspect that there are a number of people who read / participate in RAS
who are outside of the US.

I know there are a lot of pilots on RAS from outside the USA, and it's a
major reason I like RAS.

I san only second that ;-) We _do_ need a truly international forum for
soaring.
As many others have pointed out, the problem with spam all but goes away if
you use:
1) A decent newsreader. They come in all flavo(u)rs, I use the simple ones
that come free on Windows PC's such as the one in Outlook Express. Works
like a charm
2) An Internet provider with a good Usenet system. They are out there.

Cheers,
Lars Peder
DG-600 EE, Denmark