2020 contests

Old May 6th 19, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2020 contests

Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10
Old May 7th 19, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5:39:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10

Sports will be going to Waller Texas. Bid expected to be approved at next SSA Excom meeting in about 2 weeks.
Club will be in scenic Benton Tenn.
UH
Old May 20th 19, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:23:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5:39:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10

Sports will be going to Waller Texas. Bid expected to be approved at next SSA Excom meeting in about 2 weeks.
Club will be in scenic Benton Tenn.
UH

Hank, do you know where open class will take place?

Old May 23rd 19, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader[_2_]

Now that Flarm is required of all pilots flying a Nationals, should we expect Flarm to be required at all Regionals in 2020, 2021, 2022?

Old May 23rd 19, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:13:13 PM UTC-5, Christopher Schrader wrote:
Now that Flarm is required of all pilots flying a Nationals, should we expect Flarm to be required at all Regionals in 2020, 2021, 2022?

Mandatory Flarm carriage at Regionals is not contemplated at this time.

The intention to require Flarm at Nationals has been discussed for several years at RC meetings and was formally announced following the November 2017 RC meeting. It was formalized for 2019 following the 2018 pilot survey that showed very strong support and near 100% voluntary Flarm carriage among pilots who flew Nationals. Neither of those prerequisites are currently met for Regional contests.

Andy Blackburn - for the US Contest Rules Committee
Old May 24th 19, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

“Mandatory Flarm carriage at Regionals is not contemplated at this time. “

Oh....good.....let me put away my pitchfork and crossbows back in the shed.
Hells fury averted again!