Ping Jay Honeck... Mighty Grape stuff..

Old September 10th 04, 10:28 PM
Dave S

Default Ping Jay Honeck... Mighty Grape stuff..

I was looking on your site (well the Hotel site, that is)for info
related to the Mighty Grape since the Velocity project I'm helping with
will be auto-gas powered... I remember pics and things were abound once
upon a time on some site somewhere...

I have checked several of the "truck and trailer supply" companies but
the tanks they have are placarded against using gasoline.. I'm sure its
a venting issue more than anything else.. but trying to do things
semi-safely...

So, if you still have that sort of stuff online, where is it kept.

Dave

Old September 11th 04, 02:13 AM
Jay Honeck

I buried it pretty deep in the website -- I didn't want casual hotel-guest
types stumbling over nonsense like this!

;-)

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/fuel_truck.htm

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
nk.net...

Old September 14th 04, 02:40 AM
Bob Miller

how apropos. Carrier-based fuel handlers are referred to as "grapes".
Old September 14th 04, 01:00 PM
Jay Honeck

how apropos. Carrier-based fuel handlers are referred to as "grapes".

Yes, but are they screaming purple, like our "Mighty Grape?"

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 15th 04, 03:57 AM
David Johnson

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:%3B1d.42193$MQ5.31968@attbi_s52...
how apropos. Carrier-based fuel handlers are referred to as "grapes".

Yes, but are they screaming purple, like our "Mighty Grape?"

;-)

Could be! I have no personal knowledge of the subject, but just
happened to be in on a discussion of the takeoff power of the
Grumman S-2 Tracker the other day - ex Navy, but now used as air-
tankers for firefighting. Someone mentioned that when he served
on aircraft carriers years ago they used 115-145 avgas (which
just happened to be dyed purple!) for their piston powered aircraft.
AFAIK that stuff is long gone.

David Johnson
Old September 16th 04, 02:09 AM
Gerry Caron

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
how apropos. Carrier-based fuel handlers are referred to as "grapes".

Yes, but are they screaming purple, like our "Mighty Grape?"

Yes, they are.

Crewman on the carrier deck wear color-coded jerseys to identify their
specialty: plane captains, white; catapult, yellow; munitions, red;
mechanics, green; etc. Fuelers wear purple, hence "grapes."

Gerry