Need to move Piper to California - Free cross country time for someone

Old June 1st 04, 05:46 PM
Steve / Sperry

Default Need to move Piper to California - Free cross country time for someone

I have a Piper PA 28-161 very nice airplane. It is in Louisiana and I
need to get it to an airport near Napa California. I am looking for a
pilot that needs cross country time and an adventure. I would like to
have the aircraft in California by the first week of July.

Thanks
Steve Barnes
Old June 2nd 04, 01:11 AM
Ronald Gardner

Boy wish I lived near ya! Would like a ride back to were I first learned
to fly. There are several good airports in the Napa area. I highly
recommend South across the Grand Canyon then north to Mono Lake and west
through the mountain Pass (If they have mountain training) Yosemite is on
the western side and the view is great.

Not mountain training then stay south and come up up the valley west of
the mountains.

Old June 5th 04, 07:05 PM
Troy Towner

If you still need someone i am interested and would not mind taking a few
days off work.. I could even get it here before begining of July!!

Old June 7th 04, 05:41 PM

Steve,

I am very familiar with the airplane and the route.
I teach mountain flying in Colorado. :-)

If you can get me from Colorado to the airplane and back to
Colorado from the dropoff point, I will move your airplane
without charging for my time. :-)

Steve / Sperry wrote:
I have a Piper PA 28-161 very nice airplane. It is in Louisiana and I
need to get it to an airport near Napa California. I am looking for a
pilot that needs cross country time and an adventure. I would like to
have the aircraft in California by the first week of July.

Thanks
Steve Barnes

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old June 8th 04, 04:26 PM
Troy Towner

I think I can offer him somthing a little better... Im a private instrument
rated pilot. Im working on my commercial. Im not sure if he wanted a right
seater on the trip or if he just wanted it delivered. If you just want it
delivered I would have another private pilot with me, he is also working on
his instrument. We both work in the industry mainly safety in aviation...
(let me know if you need more info). I am using this for flight time
building.. So usually I pay approx. $80 and hour for my aircraft. Here is
the deal, I pay for my flight there, and the aircraft gas back to Napa. If
you crunch the numbers this is a great way for myself to build time. The
adventure would also be a great part of this...

anyway if your interested let me know, We can get together for lunch.. Im in
the San Jose, Ca area. 50 south of Napa Co.

Troy T.