A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LX S100

Old October 27th 17, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bryce Sammeter
external usenet poster

Default LX S100

Time to upgrade my ships originally installed LNAV.....works fine but obviously dated. Curious on anyone’s experiences with the S100. Looks like a great vario/logger, but from a practical perspective is the screen really usefull for anything else? Seems pretty small to be useful for anything else shown in the sales brochure.

Bryce
Old October 30th 17, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Coleman
external usenet poster

Default LX S100

I have used the S100 for a season. The screen is useful, nav plus flarm targets gets used a fair bit. XCSoar is my primary nav tool but the S100 has a few useful items.

I am running the beep generator with electronic compensation (as opposed to TE probe) and it seems to make appropriate beeps at appropriate times.

Cheers Ben
Old November 1st 17, 09:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Per Carlin
external usenet poster

Default LX S100

Have been flying with S80 + Nano3 + Oudie for two seasons.

My opinion is that the map feature on the S80 is to small and un-detailed. it can be used as a backup for Start Line/TP/FL and Airspace. But the Oudie is superior in this case.
I mainly use the navboxes screen in S80 and those are really good in combination with the vario which is also good. Since some FW upgrade ago has the wind calculation improved. There is no longer a need to thermal to calculate the wind and this is without the compass module.

I vould say that S80 + nano3 + Oudie (or XC soar) is a good and affordable system compared to the more expensive fully integrated system.

The S100 is the same HW and FW as the S80 + built in logger and battery.