Registration Renewal

Old April 22nd 19, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Registration Renewal

My registration is up for renewal and I just sent in the form and a check for $5. Today in the mail I got an offer for a third party to handle it. Total cost? $65. Jeez.

I think its a bit funny that you can't do this on line with the FAA. I also like the part where you have to enter the name and address from the FAA file. If they already have it, why do I need to enter it? Couldn't they come up with a simple renewal form that says "This is what we have. Is it correct? Yes? Pay your $5 with a credit card by clicking here."
Old April 22nd 19, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I have renewed online many times.
Old April 22nd 19, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 5:09:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
My registration is up for renewal and I just sent in the form and a check for $5. Today in the mail I got an offer for a third party to handle it. Total cost? $65. Jeez.

I think its a bit funny that you can't do this on line with the FAA. I also like the part where you have to enter the name and address from the FAA file. If they already have it, why do I need to enter it? Couldn't they come up with a simple renewal form that says "This is what we have. Is it correct? Yes? Pay your $5 with a credit card by clicking here."

Did you miss the mailing from the FAA that provides the access code to renew online? We do about 10 a year.
UH
Old April 23rd 19, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Evidently, I did miss the mailing. I'll take my crow now. Carry on.

Mike
Old April 23rd 19, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 6:40:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Evidently, I did miss the mailing. I'll take my crow now. Carry on.

Mike

Call the FAA registration division and they will give you the access code over the phone. Then you can register online.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 24th 19, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

I renewed my registration a couple weeks ago and yesterday got the letter offering to pat the FAA $5 for a $60 fee. What a scam. I don't recall exactly how much info I had to fill out on the FAA's website, but it looks like these guys want even more. So I pay $60 to enter more information into their website.

Wow...
Old April 24th 19, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 8:34:38 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
I renewed my registration a couple weeks ago and yesterday got the letter offering to pat the FAA $5 for a $60 fee. What a scam. I don't recall exactly how much info I had to fill out on the FAA's website, but it looks like these guys want even more. So I pay $60 to enter more information into their website.

Wow...

If you get fooled by the $60 scam (you will notice they come up first on the goole search) send the scam company an email and cancel the service then report the fraud to your cc company and cancel the charge.

Renew with the FAA for $5.

Richard
Old April 24th 19, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 8:42:07 AM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 8:34:38 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
I renewed my registration a couple weeks ago and yesterday got the letter offering to pat the FAA $5 for a $60 fee. What a scam. I don't recall exactly how much info I had to fill out on the FAA's website, but it looks like these guys want even more. So I pay $60 to enter more information into their website.

Wow...

If you get fooled by the $60 scam (you will notice they come up first on the goole search) send the scam company an email and cancel the service then report the fraud to your cc company and cancel the charge.

Renew with the FAA for $5.

Richard

National Aviation Center Renewal charges just went up to $65