A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Registration Renewal

Old April 22nd 19, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Registration Renewal

My registration is up for renewal and I just sent in the form and a check for $5. Today in the mail I got an offer for a third party to handle it. Total cost? $65. Jeez.

I think its a bit funny that you can't do this on line with the FAA. I also like the part where you have to enter the name and address from the FAA file. If they already have it, why do I need to enter it? Couldn't they come up with a simple renewal form that says "This is what we have. Is it correct? Yes? Pay your $5 with a credit card by clicking here."
Old April 22nd 19, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

I have renewed online many times.
Old April 22nd 19, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 5:09:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
My registration is up for renewal and I just sent in the form and a check for $5. Today in the mail I got an offer for a third party to handle it. Total cost? $65. Jeez.

I think its a bit funny that you can't do this on line with the FAA. I also like the part where you have to enter the name and address from the FAA file. If they already have it, why do I need to enter it? Couldn't they come up with a simple renewal form that says "This is what we have. Is it correct? Yes? Pay your $5 with a credit card by clicking here."

Did you miss the mailing from the FAA that provides the access code to renew online? We do about 10 a year.
UH
Old April 23rd 19, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Evidently, I did miss the mailing. I'll take my crow now. Carry on.

Mike
Old April 23rd 19, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 6:40:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Evidently, I did miss the mailing. I'll take my crow now. Carry on.

Mike

Call the FAA registration division and they will give you the access code over the phone. Then you can register online.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 24th 19, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z
external usenet poster

I renewed my registration a couple weeks ago and yesterday got the letter offering to pat the FAA $5 for a $60 fee. What a scam. I don't recall exactly how much info I had to fill out on the FAA's website, but it looks like these guys want even more. So I pay $60 to enter more information into their website.

Wow...
Old April 24th 19, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 8:34:38 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
I renewed my registration a couple weeks ago and yesterday got the letter offering to pat the FAA $5 for a $60 fee. What a scam. I don't recall exactly how much info I had to fill out on the FAA's website, but it looks like these guys want even more. So I pay $60 to enter more information into their website.

Wow...

If you get fooled by the $60 scam (you will notice they come up first on the goole search) send the scam company an email and cancel the service then report the fraud to your cc company and cancel the charge.

Renew with the FAA for $5.

Richard
Old April 24th 19, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 8:42:07 AM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 8:34:38 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:

Wow...

If you get fooled by the $60 scam (you will notice they come up first on the goole search) send the scam company an email and cancel the service then report the fraud to your cc company and cancel the charge.

Renew with the FAA for $5.

Richard

National Aviation Center Renewal charges just went up to $65