Mooney info?

Old November 29th 05, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Mooney info?

Thanks! I don't really want a Mooney. They're too loud and I hate the
cabin.
I currently have a Musketeer and it is painfully slow.

"Newps" wrote in message

dlevy wrote:
What can go that fast (J) on that fuel burn and have ample used
selection?
A bonanza? Not for 100k.

A Bonanza? Yes. I bought one. My S35, which is the fastest model, cost
me $88K this past August. At 75% I indicate 165 Kts and usually true at
172-175 kts. That costs 15 gph. 165 kts true costs 13 gph. 155 kts true
costs 11 gph. Want to bust your buddy's in the 182's chops? 19" and 2100
gets me 135 kts IAS on 9 gph. 1271 useful(with 4 seats in) and a cabin
that isn't a tomb to crawl into. Look in Trade A Plane, there's a million
of them for sale.

Old November 30th 05, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Newps" wrote in message

dlevy wrote:
What can go that fast (J) on that fuel burn and have ample used
selection?
A bonanza? Not for 100k.

A Bonanza? Yes. I bought one. My S35, which is the fastest model, cost
me $88K this past August. At 75% I indicate 165 Kts and usually true at
172-175 kts. That costs 15 gph. 165 kts true costs 13 gph. 155 kts true
costs 11 gph. Want to bust your buddy's in the 182's chops? 19" and 2100
gets me 135 kts IAS on 9 gph.

How are you leaning?

1271 useful(with 4 seats in) and a cabin that isn't a tomb to crawl into.
Look in Trade A Plane, there's a million of them for sale.

From the "Bonanza Guide" , Budd Davisson, Plane and Pilot, February, 2001

S35-1964
A third generation of Bonanza was born with the "S" model because the 0-470
was tossed out in favor of a healthy IO-520 with 285 horses. With this
engine, the Bonanza reached it's zenith in terms of power plants until the
turbo charged models came along two years later. The "S" also introduced
regular seats way back in the rear of the cabin that faced forward. They had
messed with an optional 5th seat since the 1961 "N" model, but it was a
marginal seat. With the "S" they had real seats back there. With slightly
less than 1,400 pounds useful, the airplanes could carry six people and
still fill the 50 gallon standard (80 gallons, optional) tanks as long as no
one carried any baggage.

The "S" also introduced the three-blade prop as an option.

Model Year Prices Speed, knots
S35 1964 $78,000 178 -285 hp

Old November 30th 05, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Matt Barrow wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

A Bonanza? Yes. I bought one. My S35, which is the fastest model, cost
me $88K this past August. At 75% I indicate 165 Kts and usually true at
172-175 kts. That costs 15 gph. 165 kts true costs 13 gph. 155 kts true
costs 11 gph. Want to bust your buddy's in the 182's chops? 19" and 2100
gets me 135 kts IAS on 9 gph.

How are you leaning?

I would concur with Newps' numbers. At 75 degrees lean of peak, wide open
throttle, and 2500 rpms, my V35B with a turbo-normalized IO-520 will true
between 175 and 190kts (altitude depending) and between 15.5 and 16.5 gph
(OA temperature depending).

19" and 2200 rpms will also result in similar numbers as his, again keeping
mixture LOP.

--
Peter
Old November 30th 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Peter R." wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

A Bonanza? Yes. I bought one. My S35, which is the fastest model,
cost
me $88K this past August. At 75% I indicate 165 Kts and usually true at
172-175 kts. That costs 15 gph. 165 kts true costs 13 gph. 155 kts
true
costs 11 gph. Want to bust your buddy's in the 182's chops? 19" and
2100
gets me 135 kts IAS on 9 gph.

How are you leaning?

I would concur with Newps' numbers.

I don't disagree; they seem right out of the book. I'm just wondering if
he's LOP or ROP.

At 75 degrees lean of peak, wide open
throttle, and 2500 rpms, my V35B with a turbo-normalized IO-520 will true
between 175 and 190kts (altitude depending) and between 15.5 and 16.5 gph
(OA temperature depending).

WOT, 60 LOP gives me 188kts and 16.4 gph at 12,500 in my TNIO-550 B36, the
big difference being that you and are are running TN'ers.

Old November 30th 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Javier Henderson wrote:

Newps,

What year is your S35?

1964

How does the CG range work out? I always heard that it's "too narrow",
but I never really checked into that.

You have to watch it more than I did my 182. With my wife and two
teenagers I can put 60-70 pounds in the baggage area and not be out of
CG on landing after burning 60 gallons. I don't make hardly any trips
with the whole family so for me it is a nonissue.

How big are the fuel tanks?

74 gallons usable. There are several options for tip tanks, at least
one of which will raise the gross weight. Any tip tank also helps any
CG issues.
Old November 30th 05, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Matt Barrow wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

dlevy wrote:

What can go that fast (J) on that fuel burn and have ample used
selection?
A bonanza? Not for 100k.

A Bonanza? Yes. I bought one. My S35, which is the fastest model, cost
me $88K this past August. At 75% I indicate 165 Kts and usually true at
172-175 kts. That costs 15 gph. 165 kts true costs 13 gph. 155 kts true
costs 11 gph. Want to bust your buddy's in the 182's chops? 19" and 2100
gets me 135 kts IAS on 9 gph.

How are you leaning?

The numbers I listed are right out of the book. I have been
experimenting with lean of peak and at the 19"/2100 setting I can get to
8 gph without any roughness and I don't have GAMI's.
Old December 2nd 05, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Matt Barrow wrote:
A Bonanza? Yes. I bought one. My S35, which is the fastest model,

cost
me $88K this past August. At 75% I indicate 165 Kts and usually true at
172-175 kts. That costs 15 gph. 165 kts true costs 13 gph. 155 kts

true
costs 11 gph. Want to bust your buddy's in the 182's chops? 19" and

2100
gets me 135 kts IAS on 9 gph.

How are you leaning?

The numbers I listed are right out of the book. I have been
experimenting with lean of peak and at the 19"/2100 setting I can get to
8 gph without any roughness and I don't have GAMI's.

What are the temps you're getting? At the setting you mention, how much LOP
are you?

Old December 2nd 05, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Matt Barrow wrote:

How are you leaning?

The numbers I listed are right out of the book. I have been
experimenting with lean of peak and at the 19"/2100 setting I can get to
8 gph without any roughness and I don't have GAMI's.

What are the temps you're getting? At the setting you mention, how much LOP
are you?

I have a single cylinder non digtal EGT gauge, your garden variety Alcor
EGT and the standard analog CHT in the cluster. The CHT temp is pretty
low, at any power setting. At those power settings maybe 250F. I am
running at 50 LOP.

Mooney M20 K on Grass ? Andrew Boyd Owning 0 August 13th 04 03:00 PM
Helicopter Physics info online anywhere?? [email protected] Rotorcraft 4 April 24th 04 04:18 PM
Mooney info eddie Owning 13 March 12th 04 07:42 PM
Starting new info site need info from the pros MRQB Piloting 7 January 5th 04 04:20 AM
that Mooney in DC ADIZ Cub Driver Piloting 10 November 13th 03 10:15 PM