Private Pilot Uniforms

Old November 26th 07, 09:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Default Private Pilot Uniforms

Jon,

Save your
money and purchase more flying time..

Or a huge watch. Or a leather jacket.

There's one interesting exception, though: The air safari operators in
Africa, Hank's Aero Safaris being the most prominent, actually
recommend have a white shirt with four stripes, since customs people
and other airport officials in Africa can be impressed and this coaxed
into action by the four stripes. Having seen this myself when flying in
a charter Cherokee 6 (nothing happened when we passengers asked for
customs service at Zanzibr airport, but the "Captain" in four stripes
only had to shout "Customs!" in the general direction of the guys
lounging about), I am convinced.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 26th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Lou

The non flying PUBLIC see this DUI 'dirt bag' : SLOUCH, Bar hopping
look and
think this is how they FLY and conduct themselves! The Enemies of
General Aviation , Airlines et-al have converts to RESTRICT General
aviation!

We should look Professional when we Exit an airplane

Wow, you really know what the entire non flying public thinks?
Thats incredible.
You remind me of the guys I see skiing in the mountains all dressed up
and
flat on thier asses because they would rather look good than learn to
ski.
Lou

Old November 26th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Frank" wrote:

Is it permissible for a private pilot to wear a shirt and/or jacket that
epaulettes with 4 gold stripes? I believe that gold is for "officers"
(such as the captain of the plane) and 4 stripes signify the pilot (3 are
for crew). Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to wear a pilot cap with generic gold wings to match the
epaulettes?

Sure, it's permissible.

But line guys and FBO receptionists will laugh at you.

And real professional pilots might give you a melvin and take your lunch
money.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old November 26th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Dan Luke" wrote:

"Frank" wrote:

Is it permissible for a private pilot to wear a shirt and/or jacket that
epaulettes with 4 gold stripes? I believe that gold is for "officers"
(such as the captain of the plane) and 4 stripes signify the pilot (3 are
for crew). Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to wear a pilot cap with generic gold wings to match the
epaulettes?

Sure, it's permissible.

But line guys and FBO receptionists will laugh at you.

And real professional pilots might give you a melvin and take your lunch
money.

Around here, you would be a laughingstock. The guys I fly with are
mostly current and retired airline captains, current and former
military, etc. *NONE* of them wears epaulets!
Old November 26th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Dan Luke wrote:

And real professional pilots might give you a melvin and take your lunch
money.

What a visual! G
Old November 26th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote:

Is it permissible for a private pilot to wear a shirt and/or jacket that
epaulettes with 4 gold stripes? I believe that gold is for "officers"
(such as the captain of the plane) and 4 stripes signify the pilot (3 are
for crew). Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to wear a pilot cap with generic gold wings to match the
epaulettes?

Sure, it's permissible.

But line guys and FBO receptionists will laugh at you.

And real professional pilots might give you a melvin and take your lunch
money.

Maybe he should wear a full set of pirate regalia.

Old November 27th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Jon,

Save your
money and purchase more flying time..

Or a huge watch. Or a leather jacket.

A knee board. Gotta walk into the FBO with a knee board straped on...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old November 27th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
Jon,

A knee board. Gotta walk into the FBO with a knee board straped on...

or a strap-on with a knee board.

Old November 27th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:28:04 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

Also, is it ok to wear a pilot cap with generic gold wings to match the
epaulettes?

Sure, it's permissible.

But line guys and FBO receptionists will laugh at you.

And real professional pilots might give you a melvin and take your lunch
money.

Maybe he should wear a full set of pirate regalia.

At least there's a manual for it....

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/potw/l...otw04_1347.jpg

Ron "Argggh" Wanttaja