FS:VALCOM 760 Radio

Old July 19th 04, 03:30 PM
Billc851

Default FS:VALCOM 760 Radio

on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3ALC%3AMT%3A1

small size good for homebuilts-

Old July 19th 04, 03:44 PM
Jim Weir

A. Mostly we try and keep for-sale stuff into the r.a.marketplace group unless
it is a newsworthy item.

B. It isn't FS, it is FA.

C. Starting price of $475 is a little pricey, don'cha think? For a radio with
light bulb filaments for readout and sucking an amp in receive mode?

D. It is no smaller than a King, Narco, or other similarly designed radio.

Jim

"Billc851"

-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old July 20th 04, 02:05 AM
Jerry Springer

Who cares? FS or FA we know what he means, I think it is perfectly ok to tell
people that an item of interest to a homebuiilt group is available. Of course
you would not have an iron in this at all would you? BTW I have two VALCOMS in
my RV-6 and love the way they work. In a chapter radio testing meet we had a few
years ago using professional equipment the Vals out performed the radios you
mentioned. To bad we did not have a RST COM to compare at the same time. :-) His
post mentioning that it is for sale on Ebay is really no different than you
posting your web site in your quite lengthy signature lines each post.

Jerry

Old July 20th 04, 07:09 AM
Jim Weir

Jerry Springer

-Who cares? FS or FA we know what he means

No sir, we do NOT know what he means. For Sale means he has an item that he
wants to sell for a known amount of money. For Auction means he is taking bids
on the item. What do you not understand about this difference?

, I think it is perfectly ok to tell
-people that an item of interest to a homebuiilt group is available.

Your opinion. Mine differs. He is NOT selling something to the homebuilt
groups; he is selling something to anybody that wants to buy it...and a VAL (a
perfectly WONDERFUL radio) is installed in ten times as many factory builts as
home builts.

Of course
-you would not have an iron in this at all would you?

Not having had a com radio in the line in twenty years or so, no, I don't think
I've got an iron. Do you?

BTW I have two VALCOMS in
-my RV-6 and love the way they work. In a chapter radio testing meet we had a
few
-years ago using professional equipment the Vals out performed the radios you
-mentioned.

I do not accept "radio testing" using "professional equipment" without a hell of
a lot more detail. Professional equipment in the hands of doofuses produces
exactly what you would expect. Professional doofus results.

To bad we did not have a RST COM to compare at the same time. :-)

RST has never produced a broadband COM, sir. We had a navcom a dozen or so
years ago, but those have faded away into antiquity.

His
-post mentioning that it is for sale on Ebay is really no different than you
-posting your web site in your quite lengthy signature lines each post.

Bull****.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old July 20th 04, 06:48 PM
Russell Kent

"Jerry Springer" wrote
His
post mentioning that it is for sale on Ebay is really no different than

you
posting your web site in your quite lengthy signature lines each post.

If you're going to carp about "lengthy signature lines" (3 x 52 characters
is "lengthy" to you??), at least have the decency to SNIP the post!

Russell Kent

Old July 21st 04, 02:09 AM
Jerry Springer

Russell Kent wrote:
"Jerry Springer" wrote

His
post mentioning that it is for sale on Ebay is really no different than

you

posting your web site in your quite lengthy signature lines each post.

If you're going to carp about "lengthy signature lines" (3 x 52 characters
is "lengthy" to you??), at least have the decency to SNIP the post!

Russell Kent

You missed the point completely Kent, so there is no use trying to explain it to
you.

Old July 21st 04, 02:17 AM
Jerry Springer

Jim Weir wrote:
Jerry Springer

-Who cares? FS or FA we know what he means

No sir, we do NOT know what he means. For Sale means he has an item that he
wants to sell for a known amount of money. For Auction means he is taking bids
on the item. What do you not understand about this difference?

I guess that if the ebay link did not give you a clue noting well.

[...]

I think you are the "doofus" here. The tests were done by a professional.

To bad we did not have a RST COM to compare at the same time. :-)

RST has never produced a broadband COM, sir. We had a navcom a dozen or so
years ago, but those have faded away into antiquity.

His
-post mentioning that it is for sale on Ebay is really no different than you
-posting your web site in your quite lengthy signature lines each post.

Bull****.

Jim

You don't post your web site hoping people will go there and in some way that
will benefit you? As you say "Bull****."

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old July 21st 04, 05:20 PM
gross_arrow

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..

RST has never produced a broadband COM, sir. We had a navcom a dozen or so
years ago, but those have faded away into antiquity.

Jim

fwiw, i built one of those nav/com's and would have to say that
the com was one of the best i ever had. clear, crisp audio in
both transmit and receive. my only gripe was the thumbwheel
frequency switches (and of course, no flip-flop). i'm pretty sure
the one i built was an rst-572 (i think the 571 was 360 channel).

g_a
Old July 21st 04, 05:33 PM
Russell Kent

"Jerry Springer" wrote
His [Billc851] post mentioning that it is for sale
on Ebay is really no different than you [Jim Weir]
posting your web site in your quite lengthy
signature lines each post.

"Russell Kent" responded:
If you're going to carp about "lengthy signature lines"
(3 x 52 characters is "lengthy" to you??), at least
have the decency to SNIP the post!

"Jerry Springer" replied:
You missed the point completely Kent, so there is
no use trying to explain it to you.

I don't believe that I did, but thank you for not trying to help me perceive
things as you apparently do.

Russell Kent

Old July 21st 04, 10:23 PM
Del Rawlins

In Russell Kent wrote:
"Jerry Springer" wrote
His [Billc851] post mentioning that it is for sale
on Ebay is really no different than you [Jim Weir]
posting your web site in your quite lengthy
signature lines each post.

"Russell Kent" responded:
If you're going to carp about "lengthy signature lines"
(3 x 52 characters is "lengthy" to you??), at least
have the decency to SNIP the post!

"Jerry Springer" replied:
You missed the point completely Kent, so there is
no use trying to explain it to you.

I don't believe that I did, but thank you for not trying to help me
perceive things as you apparently do.

Russell Kent

C'mon guys, isn't there a good Zoom thread going on that you could
contribute to? 8^)

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

radio antenna connector Billc851 Home Built 2 July 7th 04 01:37 AM
Jim Weir or other qualified persons: a tangent on the 2 radio 1 antennathread Dave S Home Built 12 June 23rd 04 01:03 AM
Radio Shack SWR meter Paul Lee Home Built 6 June 2nd 04 04:42 AM
Radio squeal Gerrie Home Built 4 August 5th 03 09:28 PM
Ham Radio In The Airplane Doug Carter Home Built 24 July 8th 03 03:30 AM