Foil antenna and carbon fiber

Old August 6th 03, 02:55 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:30:49 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

You can make an antenna out of limp spaghetti and mount it inside a copper
septic tank if you wish -- and everything gets better from there. I cannot
believe that an antenna inside of or laid directly on carbon fiber will work.
If somebody actually has one WORKING, please post your test results or flight
test results.

I tend to agree with you Jim...I'm just relaying where the
manufacturer of the plane said to mount the antenna. course they
didn't give any guarantees as to how well it'd work.

It took you comments to jar my memory and realize that ain't where I'm
gonna mount it.

I sure wouldn't mount my ham antennas there as I'd probably set the
thing on fire. OTOH, I always figure when I key the mike in the car,
if the tires don't skid I'm not running enough power. :-))

Then again, it's been almost a year since I even turned on the
filaments of the amp in the HF station at home.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Jim

Roger Halstead

-I don't know the specific answer for your situation, but the Glasair
-III uses a carbon fiber horizontal stabilizer and they mount the
-antenna right inside it. up against the carbon fiber lay-up.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old August 6th 03, 04:44 AM
Jim Weir

{;-)

You people are outRAGEOUS in your humor, even if you can't spell a person who
argues as a debater.

God bless, I love you all...

{;-)

Jim

-Get him arguing about base station antennas and he could be referred to
-as a mast debator.

http://www.rst-engr.com