What soaring drinks do you drink?

Old May 19th 05, 04:13 AM
ContestID67

Default What soaring drinks do you drink?

This is a companion question to my "What soaring foods do you eat?".

I figured that water was *THE* drink of choice. But in the other
thread I have seen gatorade, something called GU
(http://www.gusports.com/) and other interesting liquid refreshments
(but no capacino).

So ... what do you drink up there?

Thanks, John

Old May 19th 05, 05:13 AM
Nyal Williams

Gatorade used to fund research on electrolyte replacement
here at Ball State University. The research indicated
that the replacement with their product was no quicker
than that of 7-Up

Iced tea Camelbak with lots of ice in it replaces
tannin quickly. I just go with water.

Old May 19th 05, 05:52 AM
Paul M. Cordell

In my Younger days I drank Root Beer in an insulated jug. The
carbonation was a problem sometimes.

Now it's just water.......
Old May 19th 05, 06:07 AM
Go

Just water for me, on long flights two camelbacks filled with ice then
water. Also a cold bottle on the flight line. Too much sugar in
gatorade for my taste.

Get my electrolytes in tablet form with my early lunch.

Then have power bars for munching in flight. But it is so hard to find
ones that won't melt!

Old May 19th 05, 06:51 AM
nimbusgb

Just water. In summer I freeze an entire 2 litre camelbak type system
in the deepfreeze the night before - it sort of gets about 1/2 to 3/4
frozen. As the flight goes on the ice melts, both regulating the amount
I can drink and keeping the water cool and refreshing.

Old May 19th 05, 07:44 AM
Pete Brown

Gatorade with the wide mouth plastic bottle. Drink the
fluid, use the bottle later to accommodate personal hygiene
needs. The cap seals tightly.

--

Peter D. Brown
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/

Old May 19th 05, 09:51 AM
J.A.M.

Acuarius. Kind of gatorade but less sweet, and tastes good even when it
warms. Sells in Spain at least, vey comfortable 1/2 liter format, wide mouth
too. Useful for the outflow portion of the hydratation process...
Usually I have two bottles on board, plus plenty of water on the flightline
and rigging, that lasts about two or three hours if I go careful about it.

Old May 19th 05, 12:39 PM
Mal

water

Old May 19th 05, 01:57 PM
Shawn

ContestID67 wrote:
This is a companion question to my "What soaring foods do you eat?".

I figured that water was *THE* drink of choice. But in the other
thread I have seen gatorade, something called GU
(http://www.gusports.com/) and other interesting liquid refreshments
(but no capacino).

So ... what do you drink up there?

Thanks, John

Water. I fill a 3 liter Camel Back and stow it in the glider when I
start to rig so I've got water easily available as soon as I get
started. For food I eat Cliff bars and PB&J sandwiches.
Nice thing about water too, I can squirt my face, hat, or shirt to cool
off. I suppose you could do that with Gatorade too though. ;-)

Shawn
Old May 19th 05, 03:12 PM
bumper

Cheeseburger, fries, & chocolate malt.