What soaring drinks do you drink?

Old May 19th 05, 08:52 PM

Water, but the plastic of the bag tends to foul the taste, so I find
myself drinking less than I ought to. I typically add some cranberry
juice to make it more palatable.

Old May 19th 05, 09:52 PM
m pautz

ContestID67 wrote:

This is a companion question to my "What soaring foods do you eat?".

I figured that water was *THE* drink of choice. But in the other
thread I have seen gatorade, something called GU
(http://www.gusports.com/) and other interesting liquid refreshments
(but no capacino).

So ... what do you drink up there?

Thanks, John

A topic I having seen so far is that I have a problem with Iced drinks.
If the drink is too cold, my eustation tubes get plugged up. I drink
cool water.
Old May 20th 05, 01:47 AM
Kevin Anderson

1/2 strength Gatorade. I cannot drink enough water without it upsetting my
stomach, and full strength is just too much sugar. Gallon before launch,
and 3 liter in glider.

Kevin
192

Old May 20th 05, 03:07 AM
Atacdad

Capri Sun Sport drinks in the large size foil pouches...they fit in my baggy
shirt pockets and any out of the way nook or cranny. Plenty of water on the
flightline

Old May 20th 05, 04:11 AM
PeterK

Trader Joe's sells "Smart water" and I think other stores as well. I like
the kind without any flavoring ( water flavor). This stuff has the same
electrolyte as Gatorade without the sugar and flavoring. PeterK
oups.com...

Old May 20th 05, 04:19 AM
Tim Ward

"ContestID67" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a companion question to my "What soaring foods do you eat?".

I figured that water was *THE* drink of choice. But in the other
thread I have seen gatorade, something called GU
(http://www.gusports.com/) and other interesting liquid refreshments
(but no capacino).

So ... what do you drink up there?

Thanks, John

Dihydrogen monoxide, cut with a little hydronic acid.

Tim Ward

Old May 20th 05, 04:20 AM
Tony Verhulst

Pete Brown wrote:
Gatorade with the wide mouth plastic bottle. Drink the fluid, use the
bottle later to accommodate personal hygiene needs. The cap seals tightly.

Me too, until I hit some severe turbulence and a full bottle really
whacked the inside of the canopy. Couldn't believe it didn't shatter.

Tony V.
Old May 20th 05, 04:21 AM

If you are using a Camelback, you can remove the foul plastic taste
permanately by filling the resevoir bag with a solution of water and
one cup of sugar. Make sure the plastic tub to the bite piece is also
filled with the solution. Then let sit for 12 hours. Drain the bag
and rinse throughout with water. It should be good to go.

Old May 20th 05, 04:24 AM

We have a physician in our club who advocates Gatorade diluted with an
equal amount of water. This way you get the electrolytes without
consuming too much sodium.

Old May 20th 05, 09:01 AM
J.A.M.

Well that's a problem if you don't secure the bottles (as well as any other
object inside the canopy). I stuff it in a free place between the seatpan
and my right arm. Never moves.