Region 8 Contest

Old July 4th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default Region 8 Contest

Any news from the Region 8 Contest in Ephrata?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old July 4th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Jul 4, 6:07 am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Any news from the Region 8 Contest in Ephrata?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"http://www.soaridaho.com/

After two days:

In Sports Class:
1st Craig Reinhold flying a Discus 2b
2nd Tony Burton flying a Russia AC-4
3rd Lothar Schaubs flying a Ka-6E

In 15 Meter:
1st Steve Northcraft in an LS8
2nd Mike Thompson in a Ventus 2Bx
3rd Greg Mecklenburg in a Ventus

Open Class
1st Nelson Funston in a Nimbus 4M
2nd Rex Mayes in an ASH25
3rd Dick VanGrunsven in a Ventus 2CM

Alex Kain and I are holding 4th in Sports in a Grob 103A!!

The first day was pretty straight forward, the weatherman was mostly
right, on the second day the thermals were not as good as predicted
and several pilots started the task too fast. Everyone had a low save
story for the day and there were landouts in every class.

Today the weather is forecast to get up to 97 degrees F. with lift
perhaps up to 10K

We'll see.

Mike Bamberg

Old July 5th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Wayne Paul wrote:
Any news from the Region 8 Contest in Ephrata?

FNX and 98, our local pilots participating in the event are posting their
traces and narratives on the Williams Soaring forum.
FWIW.

http://www.soaringnet.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Old July 5th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

On Jul 4, 7:07 am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Any news from the Region 8 Contest in Ephrata?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"http://www.soaridaho.com/

Scores and Traces are being posted to SSA web site as quick as I can
get to them now.

Sorry for the delay, Took me a couple days the get that set up.

Thanks
Brian Case
Region 8 Scorer

Old July 5th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"Brian" wrote in message
ups.com...

Scores and Traces are being posted to SSA web site as quick as I can
get to them now.

Sorry for the delay, Took me a couple days the get that set up.

Thanks
Brian Case
Region 8 Scorer

Brian,

For the first time to score a contest, you are doing great. (However, I bet
you are wishing you had your HP-16T and were flying in the contest instead
of scoring it.)

Thank you,
Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Region 8 Contest [email protected] Soaring 10 June 1st 06 03:34 AM
Region 3 Contest James Hamilton Soaring 2 January 3rd 06 09:19 PM
Region 10 Contest WDM Soaring 0 April 23rd 05 01:10 AM
Region 10 contest Sam Fly Soaring 0 April 22nd 05 04:44 PM
Region 10 contest Sam Fly Soaring 1 January 12th 05 07:43 PM