FS: 302 & 303

Old November 15th 19, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Default FS: 302 & 303

Selling a 302 and 303 that have had the date issue corrected
302 is in knots
$800 including postage
Old November 16th 19, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello Ross, I am looking for a 302 for a ship I am restoring for the youth in our club. Does your 302 have the gps antenna and temp probe? We can afford $400 for the 302, but the panel I have built up doesn’t have room for the 303 nav display, the kids use a little old oudie for that.
Old November 16th 19, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 7:13:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Ross, I am looking for a 302 for a ship I am restoring for the youth in our club. Does your 302 have the gps antenna and temp probe? We can afford $400 for the 302, but the panel I have built up doesn’t have room for the 303 nav display, the kids use a little old oudie for that.

Then you should buy one of the cheap 302s on glider source that doesn't have the GPS fix.

T8

PS: the temperature probe is more trouble than it is worth on the 302 (my direct experience)
Old November 16th 19, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

T8
Can you leave the temp probe disconnected on a 302 and have the 302 function OK?
What symptom would indicate a failing probe?
TIA
Old November 16th 19, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 8:08:17 AM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
T8
Can you leave the temp probe disconnected on a 302 and have the 302 function OK?
What symptom would indicate a failing probe?
TIA

302 works fine without probe. It doesn't work *at all* with a malfunctioning probe, or a probe that is partially disconnected. That phone jack connector was a really *dumb* idea.

T8
Old November 16th 19, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yep T8 ran into the same problem with the 302 I have in the little bird. As for finding a stand alone 302 on glider source, none there. I will keep my eyes open, somebody has one laying around after an upgrade.
Old November 16th 19, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Valentin Mayamsin

I have 301/302 for sale $400 in perfect working order. No GPS bug (I suspect it has been fixed, but have not confirmed). Comes with GPS antenna, OAT probe, driver disk. GPS antenna is glued to the top with double sided tape and can be easily removed. Detailed pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iTGRRqeDhDJaxzEc8
Old November 16th 19, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Alentin I will take it. Is it located in the USA?
Old November 17th 19, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

On Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 9:49:23 AM UTC-6, Tango Eight wrote:
On Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 8:08:17 AM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
T8
Can you leave the temp probe disconnected on a 302 and have the 302 function OK?
What symptom would indicate a failing probe?
TIA

302 works fine without probe. It doesn't work *at all* with a malfunctioning probe, or a probe that is partially disconnected. That phone jack connector was a really *dumb* idea.

T8

Years ago I had the experience when powered up a 302 with the temp probe disconnected that the instrument took a very long time to power up. Multiple minutes instead of a few seconds. I had visions of a dead instrument.

This was during a winter-time DG instrument panel rework. The DG's panel pod was easily removed (loved the ability to do that) BUT the temp probe had to remain in the fuselage. Somewhere in RAS-land someone alerted me to this false-negative. FMMV.

- John
Old December 16th 19, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Price reduced to $600 including postage