Let's move on

Old August 17th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rocky Stevens

Default Let's move on

On Aug 16, 9:12 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Tell me moron, is there ANYONE on this forum left with a brain?
You have mixed me up with another poster. Somebody called
) whatever or whoever the **** that is!
I wasn't even remotely involved in the discussion as you have indicated.
In other words, it WASN'T me he was referencing you ****ing moron!
Get a ****ing life will you please!

--
Dudley Henriques

You are not the one that said the following?
"People who believe the sentiment expressed by the poster you have
answered have no feeling whatsoever for the acts of people like
Monsoor.
To them, all that exists is the search for an ulterior motive which
they
either assume or create. "

In any event, thanks for the kind words.
Old August 17th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Rocky Stevens wrote:
On Aug 16, 9:12 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Tell me moron, is there ANYONE on this forum left with a brain?
You have mixed me up with another poster. Somebody called
) whatever or whoever the **** that is!
I wasn't even remotely involved in the discussion as you have indicated.
In other words, it WASN'T me he was referencing you ****ing moron!
Get a ****ing life will you please!

--
Dudley Henriques

You are not the one that said the following?
"People who believe the sentiment expressed by the poster you have
answered have no feeling whatsoever for the acts of people like
Monsoor.
To them, all that exists is the search for an ulterior motive which
they
either assume or create. "

In any event, thanks for the kind words.

What I said was NOT what you were referencing in your post. Show me
where the phrase "Go **** yourself" appears in the quote above made by
me. It doesn't!

You used me where I wasn't involved. But don't sweat that. It happens
quite a lot on this idiotic forum.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 17th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

Tell me moron, is there ANYONE on this forum left with a brain?
You have mixed me up with another poster. Somebody called
) whatever or whoever the **** that is!
I wasn't even remotely involved in the discussion as you have indicated.
In other words, it WASN'T me he was referencing you ****ing moron!
Get a ****ing life will you please!

I feel like I'm reading one of Martin Scorsese's scripts.
Old August 17th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

#m
The trouble with you is that you like lecturing people so much on these
forums you don't follow your own advice. For example, you have never once
since I've been on this forum, posted an aviation related post snip

Martin is an interesting newsgroup character. He never, EVER posts about
aviation, yet he's always here, on a piloting forum. It's kinda weird,
actually, although he can be a decent guy. Just don't bring up the U.S.,
and everything is fine.

And now, for some NAC: BTW, Dudley -- Mary and I flew the 'Coupe to nearby
Muscatine this evening, as a flight of two with friends. It was a gorgeous
summer's eve, flying (with the top down, natch) low and slow over the most
stunning emerald-green landscape you can imagine. After a great dinner we
landed back in Iowa City a few minutes past sunset, with the biggest moon
rising you can imagine.

Total cost: 3.9 gallons of unleaded mogas. Gotta love it!

I tell ya, we've never had so much fun as we've had with this little
Ercoupe...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 17th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

Volk Field, an Air Force base in central Wisconsin, had an open house today,
and offered not only a static display, but also the F-16 demo team as well
as an IFR and VFR seminar by the FAA. It was a beautiful high pressure day,
and there were at least 30 planes on the ramp. We had a Chinook, Blackhawk,
three f-16's, as well as a KC-135 and other stuff, in addition to the Wings
seminar and great weather.

It was a great flying day, and fun for all.

Old August 17th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
#m

The trouble with you is that you like lecturing people so much on
these forums you don't follow your own advice. For example, you have
never once since I've been on this forum, posted an aviation related
post snip

Martin is an interesting newsgroup character. He never, EVER posts
about aviation, yet he's always here, on a piloting forum. It's kinda
weird, actually, although he can be a decent guy. Just don't bring up
the U.S., and everything is fine.

It is strange. He's injected himself in on me before; always with some
"advice" he thinks I need. He might well even be right but I don't play
well with people who do this kind of thing, but no big deal. :-)

And now, for some NAC: BTW, Dudley -- Mary and I flew the 'Coupe to
nearby Muscatine this evening, as a flight of two with friends. It was
a gorgeous summer's eve, flying (with the top down, natch) low and slow
over the most stunning emerald-green landscape you can imagine. After a
great dinner we landed back in Iowa City a few minutes past sunset, with
the biggest moon rising you can imagine.

Total cost: 3.9 gallons of unleaded mogas. Gotta love it!

I tell ya, we've never had so much fun as we've had with this little
Ercoupe...

The old Coupe is a wonderful airplane as I'm sure you have already
learned. It chugs along quite cheerfully on a dime. I have a few hours
in one that we had on the field. It was a lot of fun, sort of like a
car. I'd roll down the side window and just feel the breezes. We flew it
off a hard surface but it behaved a bit better on the grass.
The one thing I recall more than anything else was how low the nose was
when we had to prop it once in a while.

Looks like your son has taken to the bird with no trouble at all. Glad
you guys are getting some relief from the gas prices :-))

--
Dudley
Old August 17th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

The old Coupe is a wonderful airplane as I'm sure you have already
learned. It chugs along quite cheerfully on a dime. I have a few hours in
one that we had on the field. It was a lot of fun, sort of like a car. I'd
roll down the side window and just feel the breezes. We flew it off a hard
surface but it behaved a bit better on the grass.

I haven't taken it on grass yet, but it lands so easily I expect it'll be
very nice. (Our local grass strip -- one of our favorite places to fly --
is still closed since the flooding in June. Six feet of water killed the
grass, and they're keeping it closed until the turf comes back strong enough
to take the abuse of landings.)

The one thing I recall more than anything else was how low the nose was
when we had to prop it once in a while.

You may be describing a typical problem with 'Coupes. The landing gear
geometry is important, and with age gets "off" as the landing gear donuts
age and sag. This also adversely impacts take-off performance, as it
changes the angle of attack. Our landing gear is brand new, and sits fairly
tall, especially compared to the old, clapped out Ercoupe I flew in back in
Wisconsin.

Of course, it's a tiny airplane, so even "sitting tall" it's pretty low to
the ground. Everything about it is...cute.

Looks like your son has taken to the bird with no trouble at all. Glad you
guys are getting some relief from the gas prices :-))

Yeah, we can pretty much fly the 'Coupe four times a week (or more) for what
it costs to fly Atlas once. Once the weather gets cold, and we're not able
to fly with the top down, I expect we'll not be flying "Sweetie" quite so
much -- but ya gotta make hay while the sun's shining!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 17th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:

Yeah, we can pretty much fly the 'Coupe four times a week (or more) for
what it costs to fly Atlas once. Once the weather gets cold, and we're
not able to fly with the top down, I expect we'll not be flying
"Sweetie" quite so much -- but ya gotta make hay while the sun's shining!

Sounds like you might have found the "new" family airplane once you STC
that back seat you've been wishing you had back there :-))))
--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 17th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rocky Stevens

On Aug 17, 9:11 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
[...]

How expensive is it to maintain a coupe, relative to other aircraft?
There are a few models that are LSA eligible, and I have been tossing
the idea of buying one to train in.