ideas for Kitplanes article?

Old July 7th 16, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
SSD KOF

Default ideas for Kitplanes article?

Hi all-

I pitched some ideas for articles to Kitplanes Magazine. I've written for them before but it's been a few years. Editor Paul Dye graciously and promptly replied and advised the following:

"our focus is on “How To” - a reader should be able to finish an article and actually DO something with what they learned - set a better rivet, cover a wing, or do a better job at risk management when they fly"

BTW, I'm an aerospace engineer/pilot/homebuilder/writer so I can probably figure out how to cover a wide range of topics.

So what about it, do you have any ideas for articles I could pitch to Kitplanes?

Thanks!
Lynne Wainfan
Old July 11th 16, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

On 7/6/2016 9:51 PM, SSD KOF wrote:
Hi all-

I pitched some ideas for articles to Kitplanes Magazine. I've written for them before but it's been a few years. Editor Paul Dye graciously and promptly replied and advised the following:

"our focus is on “How To” - a reader should be able to finish an article and actually DO something with what they learned - set a better rivet, cover a wing, or do a better job at risk management when they fly"

BTW, I'm an aerospace engineer/pilot/homebuilder/writer so I can probably figure out how to cover a wide range of topics.

So what about it, do you have any ideas for articles I could pitch to Kitplanes?

Thanks!
Lynne Wainfan

The best article in Kitplanes EVER , was how to build unbraked
radial-spoked wheels for a light aircraft.
Loved it. Looks like the hydraulic brakes on current motorbikes could
well be up cycled to light aircft, in the right hands?
But what I would really REALLY like to see is a 3 axis autopilot from
current accelerometer gyros and beefy model servos driving tabs on the
relevant surfaces - without touching the main control lines.

Brian W
Old December 13th 16, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I just sent this email to Jim Weir. I thought I would let you in on my requested project.

I’m a Kitplane subscriber and builder of 2 of your audio panels and marker beacon. I haven’t seen this yet and have an idea. Looking for a ceramic heater or hair drier switch controlled by my cell phone to another cell phone. A trakfone contract at $19.95 for 3 mos would take the sting out of winter over here in Pennsylvania. I saw ideas on YouTube activated by a light sensor taped to the phone screen and another by vibration to a relay, but no info or schematic. I need the AVIONIKER’S help!

Have you written a construction article on this yet that I missed it OR could I coax you into doing your magic to keep our engines warm.

Thanks for listening to W3MWS

Marty Sailer

May 2005 KitPlanes Article Question Larry Home Built 1 July 9th 05 02:56 PM
Kitplanes December Dale Home Built 11 November 17th 04 08:13 PM
Kitplanes Columns Jim Weir Home Built 30 April 14th 04 08:23 PM
Kitplanes Columns Jim Weir Owning 25 April 14th 04 08:23 PM
Kitplanes PTT story JFLEISC Home Built 1 January 14th 04 04:14 AM