A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Home Built
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Is the reality of small aircraft safety overidden by enthusiasm?

Old July 28th 17, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Is the reality of small aircraft safety overidden by enthusiasm?

During activities like Airventure (Sun N fun too)I notice great enthusiasm by potential builders of the huge array models available. Also you see the successful builders with a sense of accomplishment flying their creations to the air exposition. But if you poled the successful pilots regarding close calls with their machines you would hope some of the enthusiasm is replaced with caution.

During the building phase the effort required presents itself, oh man it's taking a lot of time and money, that kit salesman had a lot of enthusiasm.

Not for the weak winged that's for sure. I'm not trying to discourage, how could I do that?

Anonymous