Bose X headset service

Old September 16th 05, 04:09 AM
Dan Luke

Default Bose X headset service

When I brought the airplane home after Katrina, I stepped on the
headset cord while deplaning, pulling the connector out of the battery
box. Sheer clumsiness.

I called Bose on Sept. 1, explained what happened, got a return # and
sent the headset in that day.

It arrived back at my home today, repaired, complete with new ear seals.
No charge.

Not real fast service, but the price was certainly right for repairs
that obviously were not due to any fault in the headset.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old September 16th 05, 04:49 AM
Peter R.

Dan Luke wrote:

Not real fast service, but the price was certainly right for repairs
that obviously were not due to any fault in the headset.

After about four hundred and fifty hours of use, my Bose X ear pads tore
along the seams that attached the ear pads to the headsets. This made the
ANR less effective, since there was not a complete seal over my ears. In
addition, the padding was beginning to get quite deformed. I called Bose
to inquire about a replacement set of pads.

The customer service agent said that Bose tells customers to expect about
300 hours of service out of the ear pads and normally they charge $50 for a
replacement set. However, he seemed happy to send me a set for free.

--
Peter

Old September 17th 05, 01:36 AM
Dan Luke

"Maule Driver" wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

[piggybacking]

Hey, Peter:

Your posts never appear on my server. Any idea why that is?

Old September 17th 05, 01:44 AM
Peter Duniho

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
Your posts never appear on my server. Any idea why that is?

Supernews (the news service you and I both use) is blocking his posts for
some reason. Maybe related to his ISP.

I sent Peter email telling him about the issue. I meant to tell Supernews,
but never got around to it.

Old September 17th 05, 02:06 AM
Peter R.

Dan Luke wrote:

Your posts never appear on my server. Any idea why that is?

No idea, Dan. I am posting through Newsfeeds.com. I can contact Newsfeeds
to inform them of the problem, but I suggest that you also contact your
provider. Perhaps they are blocking all of Newsfeeds' posts thinking they
are spam?

(I'll email this to you, too)

--
Peter

Old September 17th 05, 02:10 AM
Peter R.

Peter Duniho wrote:

I sent Peter email telling him about the issue. I meant to tell Supernews,
but never got around to it

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Peter, but I never received the
email (I checked the junk mail folders, too). What email address did you
use?

--
Peter