Newbie RV Builder

Old April 2nd 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Newbie RV Builder

"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

So your job is to direct traffic to the groups you find more tasteful?

What's your problem? Are you here for an argument? Arguments are down the
hall..

When you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 2nd 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim[_7_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

So your job is to direct traffic to the groups you find more tasteful?

What's your problem? Are you here for an argument? Arguments are down
the hall..

When you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
--
Jim in NC

You're right Jim, you are part of the problem as well. You are clearly
looking for an argument. So what else is new?

Old April 2nd 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Fry

Yes, I'm also building an RV-9A QB (but slow assy ;-)

True, the usenet news groups are generally useless for real questions
and answers. Try the matronics list and Vans Air Force, though I find
the latter too reminiscent of high school cliques. VAF has useful
archives, but the matronics lists, especially the aeroelectric
sub-list, have better technical answers.
--
A treatise upon human natu It is not contrary to reason to prefer
the destruction of the whole world to the scratching of my finger.
Old April 2nd 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Tim wrote:
"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.
Don't get all defensive. He was just saying that a higher concentration
of RV folks are not here, but there.
--
Jim in NC
No, he said this is not where he needed to be.

And considering what has happened to this and the other USENET forums that
is pretty much what I meant.

So your job is to direct traffic to the groups you find more tasteful?

No, I was trying to help a new builder find a forum full of
knowledgeable people about his aircraft type.

Old April 2nd 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
Tim wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote

What are you trying to say, RV builders are not welcome here?

I didn't know this was the VW forum.
Don't get all defensive. He was just saying that a higher
concentration of RV folks are not here, but there.
--
Jim in NC
No, he said this is not where he needed to be.
And considering what has happened to this and the other USENET forums
that is pretty much what I meant.

So your job is to direct traffic to the groups you find more tasteful?

No, I was trying to help a new builder find a forum full of knowledgeable
people about his aircraft type.

There is a lot of knowledge here on rec.aviation.homebuilt; however, as a
person who owns a homebuilt sailplane, I find the Yahoo news group dedicated
to the sailplanes by my specific designer extremely valuable. I can't help
but think the same would apply to groups specializing in Van's RV designs.

I don't look at niche news groups as a replacement for
rec.aviation.homebuilt, I see them as an enhancement which covers unique
characteristics of a specific design/designer.

Respectfully,

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old April 3rd 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

Wayne Paul wrote:

There is a lot of knowledge here on rec.aviation.homebuilt; however, as a
person who owns a homebuilt sailplane, I find the Yahoo news group dedicated
to the sailplanes by my specific designer extremely valuable. I can't help
but think the same would apply to groups specializing in Van's RV designs.

I don't look at niche news groups as a replacement for
rec.aviation.homebuilt, I see them as an enhancement which covers unique
characteristics of a specific design/designer.

You're right, of course. Naturally, if one needs an answer to a
question related to how an RV goes together, you're better off on a
type-specific forum or mailing list.

But if your question covers something beyond the limits of the type, a
general-interest forum, mailing list, or USENET group is a good option.
Questions like "How does part 150-200 connect to Part 150-204?" will
get far better answers in a type-specific forum, but there's a much
wider range of experience in the non-specific groups. If you're looking
to do something either dirt common (such as painting or upholstery) or a
touch unusual, it'd be a good idea to try more general-interest
homebuilt sites.

Ron Wanttaja

RV-9 vs Jabiru for Aussie builder (newbie) Jonny[_2_] Home Built 7 May 28th 07 06:25 AM
Skybolt Builder John Burnett Home Built 1 May 31st 06 02:16 PM
panel builder Neal Fulco Home Built 6 September 13th 04 04:25 PM
Repeat builder/owners? keepitrunning Home Built 0 June 5th 04 03:37 AM
Air Compressor for RV Builder John Bundy Home Built 5 March 27th 04 01:47 PM