$98 per barrel oil

Old November 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Default $98 per barrel oil

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Jay,

You can't really think the world is that simple. Well, I guess you can.

and a nuclear-armed, radical
Islamic state.

Yep, nuclear-armed, radical christian states are much better.

If the US is so bad and Islamic countries are so great why haven't
you moved to Iran already?
Old November 8th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thomas Borchert wrote:
all those cost serveral
times what conventional electricity costs and the odds of making the
costs comparable to coventional methods is slim.

To come back to the start of the thread: we're getting there...

Not really.

With heroic effort we've managed to get the cost of "alternate"
sources of electricity down to 2 to 4 times what conventional
electricity costs, with the best costs being in the limited areas
where the alernates are optimized, for example solar power in very
sunny locations.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old November 8th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Gig,

So now you are not only a knee-jerk European America hater

Jeeze, guys, I thought you came from the land of the free and all. Can't we
have an interesting discussion about this without throwing personal insults?
Kind of degrades your arguments if you start doing that as soon as someone
ventures a different opinion.

You don't remotely know me enough to be able to make that statement above. And
it's a typical knee-jerk ugly American redneck reaction of you, too ;-)

...the Interior Ministry said on
Monday.

Gee, I guess that's a truly objective and trustworthy source who would have
nothing to gain from coming to that conclusion, right?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Gig,

Yes, in fact, history has proven they are.

Oh?

Let's see:

a) number of nukes dropped by nuclear-armed, (considered by some to be)
radical christian states
b) number of nukes dropped by nuclear-armed, (considered by others to
be) radical islamic states

This is fun!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Kontiki,

If the US is so bad and Islamic countries are so great why haven't
you moved to Iran already?

Show me where I said anything remotely like that. Just one post.

You know, I come from the country where your line of argument was
invented. We had two halves of our country - and the slightest
criticism in the Western half could easily provoke certain people to
suggest moving to the Eastern half in the way you did. I hate to say
it, but those certain people were the really dumb ones.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Jay,

The current dramatic drop in violence in Iraq

The what???

So now you are not only a knee-jerk European America hater but you
have reading comprehension problems as well.

He said, "The current dramatic drop in violence in Iraq"

Didn't rain today, must be the start of a drought.

Bertie
Old November 8th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Jay,

You can't really think the world is that simple. Well, I guess you
can.

and a nuclear-armed, radical
Islamic state.

Yep, nuclear-armed, radical christian states are much better.

Yes, in fact, history has proven they are.

Actually, history has proven the opposite, but the present situation is
certainly better. I've spent a lot of time in an islamic area nd they're
even more pig-headed and ignorant, by and large, than the christian right,
but only marginally so.

If either side gets it's way, we're heading for a new dark age of
superstition and ignorance. Ones as bad as the other and it's only when an
occasional spurt of intelligence comes by that the seemingly compelling
slide into stupidity is reversed.
Hopefully the US's little foray into the darkness will at least be slowed
next year when the chimp is gone.

Bertie
Old November 8th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

kontiki wrote in news:StHYi.20533$B25.9249
@news01.roc.ny:

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Jay,

You can't really think the world is that simple. Well, I guess you

can.

and a nuclear-armed, radical
Islamic state.

Yep, nuclear-armed, radical christian states are much better.

If the US is so bad and Islamic countries are so great why haven't
you moved to Iran already?

Wow, some of you guys really need to learn how to argue.
I've gor a moldy turnip in the pantry that could put up a better one
than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi

Scroll down and look at the links that Wiki has for some other
fallacious arguments. It's considerably easier to assert a position when
you have at least a few of these at your fingertips. When you spot
someone uing one you can call him names!

Great fun,

Asshole.

bertie

Old November 8th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Thomas Borchert wrote in
:

Kontiki,

If the US is so bad and Islamic countries are so great why haven't
you moved to Iran already?

Show me where I said anything remotely like that. Just one post.

You know, I come from the country where your line of argument was
invented. We had two halves of our country - and the slightest
criticism in the Western half could easily provoke certain people to
suggest moving to the Eastern half in the way you did. I hate to say
it, but those certain people were the really dumb ones.

You're Greek?

Bertie
Old November 8th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

kontiki wrote in
:

Montblack wrote:
("kontiki" wrote)
If the US actually had a *real* energy policy to _include_ more
production, nuclear and alternatives then there would be immediate
downward pressure on worlwide prices.

One word: China

More words:

It's 1907 and Europe doesn't quite have a handle on the scope of
what's happening in the (industrial) U.S.

It's 2007 and the U.S. doesn't quite have a handle on the scope of
what's happening in (industrial) China.

Montblack

Ohhh you're right. China. Then there's no hope. The US should
just give up. We can't win cuz China's just too big. They're gonna
win, its no use. Lets just raise taxes and give up... hell,
we may as well just sell the United States to them, its all over.

Good grief.

Bertie