SPOT survey

Old April 28th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default SPOT survey

SPOT has launched a marketing survey. There are lots of tedious
questions but there is the opportunity to say what features you would
llike to change. There was just enough room to ask for tracking
reports every 5 minutes including altitude.

Maybe if enough of us ask they will listen.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=U2C3VASH4Y5D

Andy
Old April 28th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MarkHawke7

First, PLEASE take the survey and let SPOT know what are looking for.
The more visibility that we can provide about our community to SPOT,
the better. I have talked with several people at SPOT related to the
tracking stuff I've been doing. I don't know dates or timeframes but
they do have a couple of new models on the drawing board to be
released some time in the next couple of years. The next model
probably won't include altitude but they do plan to have the tracking
mode send messages 3 times as the other modes do. This will
significantly increase the chances of a good message getting through.
They are seriously looking at altitude for the next model (again don't
have timeframes) as well as perhaps the ability to attach an external
antenna. As a related aside, I have setup a tracking site for the US
Paraglider Nationals in CA. They are starting to use SPOTS as well so
they have many of these same requests that we have.

In talking with SPOT, they were VERY surprised at just how popular the
device is becoming with the aviation community in general. So they
are attempting to work in features/enhancements that help support the
community.

Later!

-Mark

Old April 28th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Took the survey a while ago. Just looked on the findmespot site and
found this.
But it seems when you hide ( the - button) a day of tracking it still
shows on the map, and if a day wrapped between two pages before hiding
the days you don't want to see, it will only show the tracks from the
page you're looking at. Refreshing does not fix that yet.
They're working on it.
Jim

After hearing feedback from our users out there, we've been working on
some SPOT account enhancements this winter that launched last week.
Here is an overview of some of our favorite enhancements:

1. Message screen enhancements (display, hide or delete messages!)
2. Show and hide messages from shared page(s)
3. Message filtering (by messenger, time and message type)
4. Additional controls for share page displaying
5. Product Replacement Program (currently only available when
activating or renewing)

Spot deal, today only, buy service get a free Spot Tim Taylor Soaring 3 December 1st 08 10:30 PM
SPOT on Tuno Soaring 0 May 15th 08 09:36 PM
SPOT D.Rizzato General Aviation 0 February 5th 08 01:04 AM
SPOT D.Rizzato Restoration 0 February 5th 08 12:46 AM
SPOT D.Rizzato Piloting 0 February 5th 08 12:42 AM