Even during sentencing, this guy is an a*hole

Old March 13th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Even during sentencing, this guy is an a*hole

"John Gaquin" wrote in
:

BTW, I'm unfamiliar with
that legal term "totally bogus". Not sure exactly what is implied. :-)

In this context: false, unwarranted, or otherwise illegitimate.

"No way, man. That's like totally bogus, dude." use surfer dude accent

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old March 13th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

An example of one is far from conclusive evidence. ......

Less than 24 hours prior to this post, you cited "an example of one" in
describing an event wherein you supposedly got a town cop fired for
issuing "...a totally bogus citation...". BTW, I'm unfamiliar with that
legal term "totally bogus". Not sure exactly what is implied. :-)

My example was merely that, an example, nothing more nothing less. The post
by John H. appeared to state the judge would always back the cop. "Totally
bogus" as in he did not base the citation on fact but issued them to make
his quota, raise municipal revenue or some unknown reason. I suspect
municipal revenue was the reason as the DA attempted to get us to settle
without going to trial for some outrageous amount, As I remember his offer
was more than three times the maximum fine amount. It pays to get a copy of
the Motor Vehicle Code which is typically free from the state. It helps to
seperate bogus from real.

Old March 13th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"Totally bogus" as in he did not base the citation on fact but issued them
to make his quota, raise municipal revenue or some unknown reason.

I take it then that you did *not* pass a stopped schoolbus. You never
clearly stated this, so it is unclear in just which way the citation was
"bogus".

Old March 13th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I take it then that you did *not* pass a stopped schoolbus.

I'm not the OP, but I've seen (in NYC) schoolbusses stopped, parked,
empty, and with the lights flashing down an entire block. They were not

This seems to be routine.

Dunno, maybe there's a cop at the end collecting for the city, but this
is not how to garner respect for the law.

Jose
Old March 13th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"Totally bogus" as in he did not base the citation on fact but issued
them to make his quota, raise municipal revenue or some unknown reason.

I take it then that you did *not* pass a stopped schoolbus. You never
clearly stated this, so it is unclear in just which way the citation was
"bogus".

Read it again John. If you still have problems, no I did not pass a
stopped school bus. The bus was moving, did not have the red or amber
flashing lights activated and did not have the stop arm extended. Reference
IL vehicle Code 625 ILCS 5/11-1414 if you would like additional information.

Old March 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"john smith" wrote in message

I have begun to question the respect due a judge given that judges have
become more politician-like in recent times.

Ah. Yeah, and in the days of yore--say, before and during the civil rights
movement, in the southern states--judges were all fair and non-political
and, just like to police, they weren't corrupt.

They are now swayed by public opinion and private conversations,

Never happened before.

-c