CNX-80 says "No active waypoint"

Old September 13th 04, 03:23 AM
Roy Smith

Default CNX-80 says "No active waypoint"

Departing 1B1 today, we had only put in a skeleton of a flight plan
(origin and destination) in our CNX-80 and filled in the rest along the
way. At some point in this process, we got the message "No active
waypoint" (or words to that effect).

I've gotten this before, when reprograming flight plans in flight. I
know that the solution is to hit -D- followed by "Fly Leg", but I'm not
sure I completely understand what's going on. The CNX-80 Pilot Guide
doesn't include this in the list of messages. Does anybody understand
exactly what sequence of events will cause this message to appear?
Old September 13th 04, 06:33 PM
John R. Copeland

Roy, I'm also unsure of the exact reasons you're asking about,
but I've suspected in the past that the "No Active Leg Defined" message
implied that the current position was inconsistent with the flight plan.
Either that, or maybe reaching a discontinuity in the incomplete
flight plan might cause the same thing.

Perhaps a little time spent with the CNX80 Windows Simulator
might give you some better insight to that behavior.
If it does, please share with the rest of us what you learn about it.
Like you, I've always just done the "Direct To" work-around.
---JRC---

"Roy Smith" wrote in message =
Departing 1B1 today, we had only put in a skeleton of a flight plan=20
(origin and destination) in our CNX-80 and filled in the rest along =

the=20
way. At some point in this process, we got the message "No active=20
waypoint" (or words to that effect).
=20
I've gotten this before, when reprograming flight plans in flight. I=20
know that the solution is to hit -D- followed by "Fly Leg", but I'm =

not=20
sure I completely understand what's going on. The CNX-80 Pilot Guide=20