Homebuilding Killed John Walton

Old June 28th 05, 02:13 PM
Carl

Default Homebuilding Killed John Walton

I just read in the newspaper that John Walton, the billionaire son of
Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton, was killed in a homebuilt airplane? That
got me thinking to look for a NG that might be dedicated to this
activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Walton's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

Old June 28th 05, 02:29 PM
Mark Hickey

Carl wrote:

I just read in the newspaper that John Walton, the billionaire son of
Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton, was killed in a homebuilt airplane? That
got me thinking to look for a NG that might be dedicated to this
activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Walton's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

An awfully shallow trolll, methinks. You should have added something
about the potential for flying ultralights into skyscrapers.

Mark "anything worth doing..." Hickey
Old June 28th 05, 02:49 PM
CB

Or flying factory-built Cessnas into the White House or Pentagon -
they'd do almost as much damage as a Cooper Mini.

Old June 28th 05, 04:18 PM
Corky Scott

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:27:46 GMT, "Lakeview Bill"
wrote:

Please don't feed the troll...

Gotta be a troll, his e-mail address did not work.

Corky Scott

Old June 28th 05, 04:39 PM
patrick mitchel

From the news that's been on so far it's been described as a 500 lb pusher.
Titan tornado? Thundergull? Pat

Old June 28th 05, 04:51 PM
Mark Smith

patrick mitchel wrote:

From the news that's been on so far it's been described as a 500 lb pusher.
Titan tornado? Thundergull? Pat

If you mean the Walton plane,

a CGS Hawk
--
Mark Smith
Tri-State Kite Sales

Old June 28th 05, 04:59 PM
MJC

Dip**** troll issue aside; I really am curious as to what the ultralight
was that JW was flying. Not to suggest that whatever it is isn't as safe (or
not) as any of them, but curiosity dictates that it would be interesting to
know.
The wreckage doesn't seem to offer any clues other than that I don't see
much of an enclosed cockpit (unless all the enclosure has separated and been
thrown a distance).
Oh by the way, Carl Troll, be sure to write your congressman and point
out that ultralights like these can be used by TERRORISTS!!! too. Oh my.

MJC

oups.com...

Old June 28th 05, 05:14 PM
Rich Ahrens

Mark Smith wrote:
patrick mitchel wrote:

From the news that's been on so far it's been described as a 500 lb pusher.
Titan tornado? Thundergull? Pat

If you mean the Walton plane,

a CGS Hawk

Oh lord, I can see an endless Zoom campaign coming....
Old June 28th 05, 07:21 PM

Oh, it's shallower than that. This is a word-for-word copy of the
"Homebuilding killed John Denver" troll post, with Walton substituted
for Denver.

Tim Ward