glider transport needed

Old March 6th 21, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

Default glider transport needed

Looking for a quality, reliable individual or company to deliver a glider in a single axle Cobra trailer from Spokane, WA to Jacksonville, Fl.I only have Uship as a possibility. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 6th 21, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 01:42:43 UTC, Phoenix wrote:
Looking for a quality, reliable individual or company to deliver a glider in a single axle Cobra trailer from Spokane, WA to Jacksonville, Fl.I only have Uship as a possibility. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Alternative suggestion: Does it have to be Jacksonville? How about starting from Tacoma? Is it heading for Europe?
Old March 6th 21, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 6:39:04 AM UTC-5, andy l wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 01:42:43 UTC, Phoenix wrote:
Looking for a quality, reliable individual or company to deliver a glider in a single axle Cobra trailer from Spokane, WA to Jacksonville, Fl.I only have Uship as a possibility. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Alternative suggestion: Does it have to be Jacksonville? How about starting from Tacoma? Is it heading for Europe?

Final destination is Jacksonville.
Old March 6th 21, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 12:46:13 UTC, Phoenix wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 6:39:04 AM UTC-5, andy l wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 01:42:43 UTC, Phoenix wrote:
Looking for a quality, reliable individual or company to deliver a glider in a single axle Cobra trailer from Spokane, WA to Jacksonville, Fl.I only have Uship as a possibility. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Alternative suggestion: Does it have to be Jacksonville? How about starting from Tacoma? Is it heading for Europe?

Final destination is Jacksonville.

OK. Sorry for the poorly-centred assumption. I'm in the UK and once drove a friend's trailer from Uvalde to Jacksonville

Old March 6th 21, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 6:11:48 AM UTC-8, andy l wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 12:46:13 UTC, Phoenix wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 6:39:04 AM UTC-5, andy l wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 01:42:43 UTC, Phoenix wrote:
Looking for a quality, reliable individual or company to deliver a glider in a single axle Cobra trailer from Spokane, WA to Jacksonville, Fl.I only have Uship as a possibility. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.
Alternative suggestion: Does it have to be Jacksonville? How about starting from Tacoma? Is it heading for Europe?

Final destination is Jacksonville.

OK. Sorry for the poorly-centred assumption. I'm in the UK and once drove a friend's trailer from Uvalde to Jacksonville

I have had good success with U-ship, a couple of nice college guys drove my Cobra from California to Georgia for $2000 bucks. They took the northern route and spent some time in a couple of national parks, took something like 10 days, as I remember.
JJ
Old March 6th 21, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 9:29:56 AM UTC-5, John Sinclair wrote:
[...]

That's the price I was budgeting. Hope someone comes to the table..
Old March 6th 21, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]

Be patience.....uship has a satisfaction rating system....I too was very satified. Some will ask 'what is your budget.'
Just keep it simple until you get a good rated bid. I will use them again.

Old March 7th 21, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 9:19:39 AM UTC-6, Phoenix wrote:
[...]

$2000 to move a glider 2700 miles. Unless you find a glider pilot who is already going that way or someone who just wants to do a corner to corner drive of the US for fun and help subsidize the trip, you are definitely limited to UShip and/or hot shot transport. They are already roaming all over the country and can more easily pick up one way loads.

Back when I was doing this sort of thing my standard charge was $1/mile round trip from my house. That would be about $5700 for this trip. It's about an 8 day round trip.

I have a friend who just started doing the hot shot thing. Shoot me an email at and I'll put you in touch.
Old March 7th 21, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 9:09:30 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
[...]

Hi Tony - thank you for the info. I've gotten all my quotes thru Uship that are far from the $1 / mile suggested.