Filling Holes

Old July 20th 05, 02:32 AM
AKperson

Default Filling Holes

I just purchased a 172 and the previous owner removed a top mounted gps
antenna. What is the recommended procedure for filling holes?

He used silicone in the screw holes and a button type patch for the
antenna hole.

thanks
Old July 20th 05, 03:54 PM
George Patterson

AKperson wrote:
I just purchased a 172 and the previous owner removed a top mounted gps
antenna. What is the recommended procedure for filling holes?

He used silicone in the screw holes and a button type patch for the
antenna hole.

Sounds pretty good. When I removed the LORAN antenna from my old 150, I bolted
an aluminum patch over the hole from the inside. I used small aircraft grade
bolts in the existing screw holes. I then sealed it with white silicon -- it
actually matched the paint pretty well. I also smeared silicon between the patch
and the skin before bolting it in. All done as advised by the local A&P.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.