Local reporter takes an intro flight

Old February 21st 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony Cox

Default Local reporter takes an intro flight

"I haven't even told you about the plane yet. It's a four-seat,
single-engine Cessna 172, which was also my blood
pressure when I spotted it in the field behind West Air.
This $80,000 Costco shopping cart with wings was
undoubtedly chosen for this mission because it's the
fleet's most expendable."

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

Old February 21st 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

On Feb 21, 3:22 pm, "Tony Cox" wrote:
"I haven't even told you about the plane yet. It's a four-seat,
single-engine Cessna 172, which was also my blood
pressure when I spotted it in the field behind West Air.
This $80,000 Costco shopping cart with wings was
undoubtedly chosen for this mission because it's the
fleet's most expendable."

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

If those quotes were all true, then this Bonaventura guy is one hell
of a jerk. If he knew the student was a reporter and going to write
about the experience, then he's either supremely clueless or downright
hostile towards the industry. My bet is on the former.

So many things wrong, on so many different levels.

Marco

Old February 21st 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Tony Cox wrote:
"I haven't even told you about the plane yet. It's a four-seat,
single-engine Cessna 172, which was also my blood
pressure when I spotted it in the field behind West Air.
This $80,000 Costco shopping cart with wings was
undoubtedly chosen for this mission because it's the
fleet's most expendable."

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

Sounds like a feature writer who thinks he is being funny and an instructor
who needs to take some classes in media relations.

Old February 21st 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:22:54 -0800, Tony Cox wrote
(in article .com):

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

Ah, I thought it was funny. He obviously enjoyed himself, hamming it up that
way. :-)

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 21st 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Tony Cox wrote:
"I haven't even told you about the plane yet. It's a four-seat,
single-engine Cessna 172, which was also my blood
pressure when I spotted it in the field behind West Air.
This $80,000 Costco shopping cart with wings was
undoubtedly chosen for this mission because it's the
fleet's most expendable."

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

Sounds like a feature writer who thinks he is being funny and an
instructor who needs to take some classes in media relations.

For goodness sake, lighten up.
If you looked at the other adventures of the reporter you can see the style.

Old February 22nd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Everyone needs to understand this article... this reporters challenge is to
do other "jobs" in the community and then screw it up and write a funny
article about it. I thought it did no service to further aviation.

If that CFI had worked for me and really acted that way... he would no
longer work for me.

BT (I fly at West Air)

oups.com...

Old February 22nd 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Everyone needs to understand this article... this reporters challenge is
do other "jobs" in the community and then screw it up and write a funny
article about it. I thought it did no service to further aviation.

If that CFI had worked for me and really acted that way... he would no
longer work for me.

BT (I fly at West Air)

It was funny, and I took a look at some of his other articles as well. The
airplane pilot ride was pretty mild in that context. :-)

Peter

Old February 22nd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Tony Cox wrote:
"I haven't even told you about the plane yet. It's a four-seat,
single-engine Cessna 172, which was also my blood
pressure when I spotted it in the field behind West Air.
This $80,000 Costco shopping cart with wings was
undoubtedly chosen for this mission because it's the
fleet's most expendable."

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

Sounds like a feature writer who thinks he is being funny and an
instructor who needs to take some classes in media relations.

For goodness sake, lighten up.
If you looked at the other adventures of the reporter you can see the
style.

I did and I was exactly right about the writer and the only thing I blame
him for is that he thinks he is funny.

As for the instructor, who had better access to the guys previous articles
than I did he, should have known better than to give the guy ammo. This
article did not help GA and it certainly isn't going to get the instructor
or his school any additional serious students.

Old February 22nd 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:45:22 -0800, BT wrote
(in article ):

Everyone needs to understand this article... this reporters challenge is to
do other "jobs" in the community and then screw it up and write a funny
article about it. I thought it did no service to further aviation.

If that CFI had worked for me and really acted that way... he would no
longer work for me.

BT (I fly at West Air)

Highly doubtful the CFI acted that way. This reporter threw every old joke he
could find into the article.

No, it was not a service to aviation, nor was it intended to be. It is a
joke, a humor piece, and should be seen in that light.