Night currency question

Old December 11th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
news.verizon.net[_2_]

Default Night currency question

There's a big difference between gain the qualification for night ops and
maintaining currency for night ops.
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message

Why wouldn't you? You're not legal to carry anyone until you complete
your three T&Ls.... I suppose you could pay an instructor but why bother?
The airplane doesn't know it's dark.

Because night ops qualification requires 3 hours of night flight training
and flight training requires a flight instructor.

Old December 11th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message

There's a big difference between gain the qualification for night ops and
maintaining currency for night ops.

Correct.

Old December 11th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

Because night ops qualification requires 3 hours of night flight training
and flight training requires a flight instructor.

Where does the FAA define the term "Qualification"?

Old December 11th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"nobody" wrote in message

Where does the FAA define the term "Qualification"?

Nowhere.

Old December 11th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"nobody" wrote in message

Where does the FAA define the term "Qualification"?

Nowhere.

So why do you consider someone not current at night to have the proper
qualification to fly at night?

It sounds like you're making up the rules as you go. You should stick to
proper terminology.

Old December 11th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"nobody" wrote in message

It sounds like you're making up the rules as you go. You should stick to
proper terminology.

I don't.

Old December 11th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"nobody" wrote in message

You should stick to proper terminology.

I don't.

That's obvious

Old December 11th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

But you don't go out alone unqualified and perform night ops to qualify for
night ops. Do you?

Same thing to carry passengers... You go out there unqualified to
carry passengers and do a few TOL... Suddenly you are qualified to
carry passengers - without having carried a passenger...

Ahh well, I guess that is why they invented P51 time...

denny
Old December 11th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
46.128...

I believe that Steven, in his own uniquely asinine manner was pointing
out that Denny had changed the topic of this thread from "currency"
to "qualification". Two completely separate topics.

In my case, I am completely qualified to fly during night time, however,
I may not carry passengers at night without meeting the requirements of
CFR Title 14, Chapter 1, Part 61, Section 61.57 (b) (1).

Bob Moore

At the same time, you're not qualified to carry passengers at night.

You're also not qualified to fly my airplane, as I have designated myself as
sole authority to make that determination.

My point is that Steven is making incomplete and ambiguous statements and
passing them off as fact.

Old December 11th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"nobody" wrote in message

So why do you consider someone not current at night to have the proper
qualification to fly at night?

I don't.

It sounds like you're making up the rules as you go.

How so?

You should stick to
proper terminology.

I do.