Night currency question

Old December 17th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default Night currency question

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:5a46aa1f-e17f-4e03-8ee3-
:

high in my experience. I've flown with rated pilot with fresh BFRs
that have a hard time with tngs.

That's probably because most pilots stop flying TnGs once they get their
rating...
Old December 18th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alan Gerber

Judah wrote:
That's probably because most pilots stop flying TnGs once they get their
rating...

That's funny, it was the exact opposite for me. My school didn't allow
solo touch-and-goes, so I only flew them with an instructor until I got my
rating. Now I do them occasionally for currency ... or just for fun.

.... Alan
--
Alan Gerber
PP-ASEL
Old December 18th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Dec 16, 7:25 pm, Judah wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:5a46aa1f-e17f-4e03-8ee3-
:

high in my experience. I've flown with rated pilot with fresh BFRs
that have a hard time with tngs.

That's probably because most pilots stop flying TnGs once they get their
rating...

When I had the Aeronca I could spend all day doing tng's and every one
would be exciting. Now with the Mooney I can't imagine doing more
landings than necessary. Its like parking your car in the garage more
times than necessary, it just isn't interesting.

-robert
Old December 19th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Before 1973 [IIRC] all landings for day or night had to be to a full stop
and you had to do 5 every 90 days.

The rule changed to reduce the number to 3 and T&G were allowed in the
daytime. The FAA reasoning was that loss of directional control was more
likely at night with reduced visual references, so they retained the full
stop at night.

. ..