You want cheap soaring?

Old April 10th 21, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Default You want cheap soaring?

https://wingsandwheels.com/classifie...ie-3-4514.html

You could get 2/3 guys together and this thing would be a blast.
I bet it would climb to base with anything!
Love the paintjob.
Nick
Old April 10th 21, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Nicholas Kennedy wrote on 4/10/2021 8:29 AM:
https://wingsandwheels.com/classifie...ie-3-4514.html

You could get 2/3 guys together and this thing would be a blast.
I bet it would climb to base with anything!
Love the paintjob.
Nick

I had a Ka-6e, and loved it. I paid $8000 for it over 40 years ago, so $9500 for this seems
very reasonable.

Old April 10th 21, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Carris[_2_]

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:27:41 AM UTC-6, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Nicholas Kennedy wrote on 4/10/2021 8:29 AM:
https://wingsandwheels.com/classifie...ie-3-4514.html

You could get 2/3 guys together and this thing would be a blast.
I bet it would climb to base with anything!
Love the paintjob.
Nick

I had a Ka-6e, and loved it. I paid $8000 for it over 40 years ago, so $9500 for this seems
very reasonable.

That is a nice glider but I would not bring it to a very dry climate. I once brought a beautifully refinished Phoebus C from Georgia. The Phoebus was like new, near perfect with no wing waviness. Within one year the wing became very wavy. Wood core wings and wood wings suffer in extremely dry climates when brought from more humid ones. When I asked George Applebay about this, he explained that when the relative humidity is less than the residual amount of moisture in wood the transition takes place.
Old April 10th 21, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 1:40:49 PM UTC-5, Mike Carris wrote:
[...]

Moving it in stages (think safari!) would help, but more importantly the old ships would benefit by having the spar ends, bulkheads, any accessible end-grain properly varnished or re-varnished. AC43.13 details stages including anti-fungal and aluminized coats.
Old April 18th 21, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric

Op zaterdag 10 april 2021 om 17:29:13 UTC+2 schreef :
https://wingsandwheels.com/classifie...ie-3-4514.html

You could get 2/3 guys together and this thing would be a blast.
I bet it would climb to base with anything!
Love the paintjob.
Nick

This glider was based at my club in the Netherlands. I once made a flight in it. It's indeed a very nice Sie-3, completely overhauled by a technician.